|Slogan||Serving Derbyshire and South Yorkshire|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Fleet||90 (September 2013)|
TM Travel is a bus operator based in Halfway, Sheffield operating bus services in South Yorkshire and Derbyshire. Founded in 1995 as a family-owned operation with one bus, by March 2008 it had expanded to become the largest independent operator in Derbyshire. The company was taken over by the Wellglade Group in January 2010.
TM Travel was founded in November 1995 by former Hulleys of Baslow employee Tim Watts. Its first vehicle was a Leyland Tiger coach used on coach hire operations from a depot near Chesterfield. Two similar vehicles were added to the fleet in early 1996. Two school bus services were taken on in the same year and the fleet expanded to ten vehicles. In 1997 vehicles maintenance work was taken in-house by the company, and work on National Express services was introduced.
The company moved into scheduled bus service operation in 1999, winning a contract from Derbyshire County Council. A local route in Bolsover was launched a year later. In 2004 TM Travel took over a route between Sheffield and Chesterfield previously run by Thompson Travel. A number of South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive contracts were won over the following few years and the fleet increased in size to over 100 vehicles, prompting a move from Chesterfield to Halfway.
In December 2006, the South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Authority's Transport User's Advisory Group noted that TM Travel "provided a punctual service" – although it was also suggested that larger buses could be used.
As of March 2008, TM Travel was the largest independent coach and bus operator in Derbyshire, employing 120 staff, with all operations (including maintaining the fleet of vehicles) handled in-house.
As of September 2013 the fleet consisted of 90 buses.
- Companies House extract company no 5028805 TM Travel Limited
- Millar, Alan (February 2010). "Wellglade acquires TM Travel:". Buses (Ian Allan Publishing) (659): 8.
- Cash, John (October 1998). "TM Travel: Starting at the ground floor". Buses (Ian Allan Publishing) (523): 20–23.
- "South Yorkshire Transport Users' Advisory Group Minutes". South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Authority. 18 December 2006. p. 2. Retrieved 25 August 2009.
- "Sheffield: Public transport networks". European Metropolitan Transport Authorities. March 2008. Retrieved 25 August 2009.
- TM Travel Fleetlist Sheffield Omnibus Enthusiasts Society 11 September 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TM Travel.|