|Traded as||Euronext: TNTE|
|Founded||26 May 2011 (as standalone company)|
|Key people||Tex Gunning (CEO), Bernard Bot (CFO), Antony Burgmans (Chairman of the supervisory board)|
|Services||Express and freight delivery services, charter airline|
|Revenue||€7.327 billion (2012)|
|Employees||69,814 (FTE, average 2012)|
TNT Express N.V. is an international courier delivery services company with headquarters in Hoofddorp, Netherlands. The firm has fully owned operations in 63 countries and delivers documents, parcels and pieces of freight to over 200 countries. The company recorded sales of over €7.1 billion in 2012.
The name TNT is short for Thomas Nationwide Transport, after Ken Thomas, an Australian businessman who, in 1946, set up his own transport business with just a single truck.
Formerly an operating division of TNT N.V., TNT Express was demerged from its parent company on 26 May 2011, taking a listing on the Euronext Amsterdam Stock Exchange. TNT N.V. subsequently renamed itself PostNL.
On March 19, 2012, United Parcel Service announced its intention to acquire TNT Express for USD 6.7B. However, the deal fell through in January 2013 after it was announced that UPS had failed to obtain permission from the European Commission and as such had been blocked on competition grounds.
The company operates road and air transportation networks in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. It employs over 68,000 people.
On April 17, 2012, TNT Express was awarded the Franz Edelman Award for its Global Optimisation (GO) Programme. 
- "Annual Report 2012". TNT Express. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "History of TNT". TNT Express.
- Steinglass, Matt (26 May 2011). "TNT Express to focus on emerging markets". Financial Times. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "UPS agrees to buy TNT Express for $6.7B". USA Today. 19 March 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Major Express Freight and Logistics Merger Torpedoed by European Commission". Handy Shipping Guide. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Franz Edelman Award". TNT Express. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TNT N.V..|