From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TOC or Toc may refer to:
- Table of contents found at the beginning of a book or document
- Transnational organized crime
- The Thomson Corporation, by ticker symbol on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges
- Tactical Operations Center, a command post for police, paramilitary, or military operations
- Taste of Chaos, a winter/spring concert series
- Tournament of Champions (debate), a prestigious national high school debate tournament
- Train operating company in the UK
- The Objectivist Centre, part of The Atlas Society
- Third Order of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, also known as the Lay Carmelites.
- Monte Toc, a mountain in Italy known for a major landslide
- Toc, a village in Săvârșin Commune, Arad County, Romania
Science and technology
- Table of Contents, in optical disc authoring
- TOC protocol, an instant message communications protocol
- Translocon at the Outer membrane of Chloroplast, in Beta barrel
- Troponin C, part of the troponin complex in biochemistry
- Theory of computation, a branch of computer science
- Total organic carbon, used as a non-specific indicator of water quality or the amount of organic carbon in a geological formation, particularly the source rock for an oil play.
- TOC1 (gene), a gene that regulates circadian rhythm in plants
- Theory of Constraints, an overall management philosophy
- Top of climb, an aviation term
- Teacher On Call, the same as a substitute teacher
- "T", in the World War I Western Front "signalese" and the RAF phonetic alphabet
- Theory of change, a methodology for planning, participation, and evaluation that is used in the philanthropy, not-for-profit and government sectors to promote social change. Theory of Change defines long-term goals and then maps backward to identify necessary preconditions.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title TOC.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.