|Traded as||SEHK: 903, SGX: TPV|
|Headquarters||Hong Kong, China|
|Jason Hsuan (Chairman and CEO)|
|Products||Computer monitors, LCD TVs|
|Revenue||US$11.9 billion (2013) |
|US$1.5 million (2013) |
|US$-140.59 million (2013) |
|Subsidiaries||AOC International, TP Vision|
TPV Technology Limited (informally TPV) (Chinese: 冠捷科技; pinyin: Guànjié Kējí) is a Fortune China 500 multinational electronics manufacturing company headquartered in Hong Kong, China. It is the world’s largest manufacturer of computer monitors. TPV designs and produces a full range of CRT and TFT LCD monitors as well as LCD TVs for distribution globally. It sells its products under its own AOC and Envision brands, and is also an original design manufacturer for other companies.
In September 2005, TPV Technology acquired part of Philips' monitor and entry-level flat screen TV manufacturing business, making it the largest display manufacturer in the world. In March 2008, TPV acquired a business operation from Chi Mei Optoelectronics Corporation.
In June 2009 MMD (Multimedia Displays) as a wholly owned company of TPV was established through a brand license agreement with Philips, and its role is to exclusively market and sell Philips branded LCD monitors and displays worldwide. Three categories of Philips product lines are included under the agreement: the Business and Consumer Range of LCD monitors, Public Signage and Hotel/Hospitality TV. "Combining the strength of the Philips brand promise with TPV’s design and manufacturing expertise and scale in desktop monitors, commercial displays and LCD TVs, MMD takes pride in delivering innovative products, faster and with better cost efficiency to the market.", according to the website of MMD. www.mmd-p.com
In April 2011, TPV Technology and Philips agreed to form a Netherlands-based television manufacturing joint venture comprising all of Philips' television operations, and owned 70% by TPV Technology and 30% by Philips. Creation of the joint venture, named TP Vision, was completed in April 2012. In January 2014, TPV Technology announced an agreement with Philips to transfer the remaining 30% shares to TPV, which was completed in May 2014, making TP Vision a wholly owned subsidiary of TPV Technology.
TPV Technology manufactures CRT monitors, LCD monitors & LCD TVs. TPV has a total production capacity of 6.1 million monitors in a month. TPV has five factories in China, two in Brazil, one in Poland and one in Russia and sells its products worldwide.
- "Snapshot for TPV Technology Ltd (903)". Bloomberg.
- "Group Profile". TPV Technology Limited. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- "Media speculates over report Philips may sell unit to TPV". China Daily. 28 July 2010. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- Reuters http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyProfile?symbol=0903.HK. Missing or empty
- "Philips moves to end losses at ailing television arm". BBC News. 18 April 2011. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Philips spins off TV unit to HK’s TPV Technology". Taipei Times. 3 April 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Completion of major and connected transaction relating to acquisition of 30% equity interest in TP Vision" (PDF). Hong Kong Exchanges. 30 May 2014. Retrieved 31 May 2014.