|Services||Architecture and Planning|
TVA Architects is a Portland, Oregon based architecture and planning firm founded in 1984 by Robert Thompson, FAIA. Current principals are Robert Thompson, FAIA, Marc Labadie, CSI, Montgomery Hill, AIA, John Heili, AIA, and Tim Wybenga. The firm's projects include corporate campus buildings, recreational and training facilities, medical facilities, museums and cultural buildings, in addition to higher education and residential projects.
In March 2002 a monograph on the practice's work was published by l'Arca Edizioni entitled "Intuition of Clarity," which illustrates 23 projects by the practice.
TVA Architects received a national honor award from the General Services Administration for Design Excellence, and has more than 55 awards for excellence in design including 42 local, regional and national awards from the American Institute of Architects.
TVA Architects is the design architect for the 12,500 seat Matthew Knight Arena and the Ford Alumni Center Building on the University of Oregon campus.
- Matthew Knight Arena, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon
- Ford Alumni Center Building, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon
- Park Avenue West Tower, Portland, Oregon
- Fox Tower, Portland, Oregon
- EVO Condominium Tower, Los Angeles, California
- John Ross Tower condominiums, Portland, Oregon
- Hayward Field Renovation, Eugene, Oregon
- Laika Film Animation Campus, Tualatin, Oregon
- Sony Ericsson North American Headquarters, Plano, Texas
- Nike World Headquarters, Beaverton, Oregon
- Marilyn Moyer Meditation Chapel, Portland, Oregon
- Metro Headquarters, Portland, Oregon
- TVA Architects
- EVO Condominium Tower
- The John Ross
- A Natural Dialogue, Architectural Digest, October 2010
- Thompson Vaivoda & Associates: Intuition of Clarity (March 1992), Arcaedizioni publisher, introduction by Isabella Goldmann
- GSA 2007 Design Excellence Awards
- Architects win big with 'The Matt',Portland Tribune (January 6, 2011)
- University of Oregon to unveil Matthew Knight ArenaWorld Interior Design Network (January 5, 2011)
- UO buildings LEED the waySustainable Business Oregon (September 10, 2010)
- Oregon's Matthew Knight Arena: The Legend of "Mighty Oregon" Just Got Bigger, Eugene Register-Guard (January 4, 2011)
- Manning, Jeff (January 12, 2011). "Matthew Knight Arena is latest in long list of collaborations between Phil Knight and architect Bob Thompson". The Oregonian. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- Racing ahead with upgrade World Architecture News (July 1, 2008)
- And.....action! World Architecture News (March 8, 2007)
- Collaboration aided the challenge of creating a gigantic corporate campus, Architectural Record
- Alpert, Mark, "Office Buildings for the 1990s," Fortune (November 18, 1991), pp. 140-142, 150
- Gorman, Jean, "Corporate America Design Awards: A Cut Above The Rest," Interiors (May 1991), pp. 108-119
- Dietsch, Deborah K., "Competitive Edge", Architecture (June 1991), pp. 58-65
- Sheine, Judith, "Spiritual Viewpoint," Architecture (December 1992), pp. 32-35
- Nesmith, Lynn, "On the Boards: Municipal Conversion," Architecture (November 1992), p. 51