|Launched||September 28, 1993|
|Owned by||TVB (Hong Kong)
|Country||Republic of China|
|Sister channel(s)||TVBS Entertainment Channel, TVBS News, TVBS Asia|
|Taiwan CATV||Channel 56|
TVBS or Television Broadcasts Satellite is a satellite television channel and nationwide cable TV network in Taiwan, launched on September 28, 1993. It was established by TVBI Company Limited (TVBI), a subsidiary of TVB in Hong Kong, and ERA Group of Taiwan, and became a wholly owned subsidiary of TVB of Hong Kong in early 2005.
TVBS operates four channels:
Now Broadcasting Time
TVBS Wealth News (Starting at August 1, 2011)
- Monday to Friday at 9:00am to 10:00am (except National Holiday)
TVBS Wealth Report (Starting at August 1, 2011)
- Monday to Friday at 10:00am to 11:00am (except National Holiday)
TVBS Wealth Life (Starting at February 6, 2012)
- Monday to Friday at 11:00am to 12:00pm (except National Holiday)
- Monday to Friday at 12:00pm to 2:00pm and Saturday & Sunday at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Monday to Sunday at 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Monday to Sunday at 11:00pm to 12:00am
TVBS Hot News (Starting in August 28, 2009)
- Monday to Friday at 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Noon Taiwanese News
Evening Taiwanese News
- Government Information Office (GIO) Taiwan head Pasuya Wen-chih Yao claims TVBS violated Taiwan media ownership laws, requiring that a foreign juristic person should not directly own majority shares of local satellite channels. On November 1, 2005, the announced a fine of NT$1 million against TVBS and ordered that it comply with the ownership rules in a practical timeframe, and afterwards TVBS appealed to Executive Yuan against Yao's decision. TVBS stated that TVB held majority ownership of the company by a local juristic person. Executive Yuan announced that TVBS's ownership models is legal and GIO are required to return the fine.
- Bitumen duck incident (瀝青鴨事件): happened on December 29, 2006. Although TVBS apologized, the incident had already caused damage to the duck industry.
- Zhou Zheng-bao Video Tape incident (周政保影帶事件): happened on March 26, 2007. On March 30, the NCC fined TVBS a total of two million New Taiwan dollars and required TVBS to replace the general manager.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TVBS.|
- (Chinese) TVBS Official Site
- (English) TVBi
- (English) Taipei Times: “Gangster footage shot by TVBS reporter”, 2007-03-29
- (English) The Star: “Taiwan reporters fired over TV gangster video”, 2007-03-29
- (English) ic Wales: “Taiwanese gangster threatens to kill rival”, 2007-03-27
- (English) Earthtimes: “Man's TV threat proves costly”, 2007-03-29