TVS Group is an Indian diversified industrial conglomerate with its principal headquarters located in Chennai and Madurai. Almost all holdings of the group are private. The largest and most visible subsidiary is TVS Motors, the third-largest two-wheeler manufacturers in India. TVS Group, with group revenue of more than US$ 6 billion, is an automotive conglomerate company, specialized in manufacturing of two-wheeler, three-wheeler, auto-electricals components, high tensile fasteners, die casting products, brakes, wheels, tyres, axles, seating systems, fuel injection components, electronic and electrical components and many more. TVS was ranked 103rd among India's most trusted brands according to the Brand Trust Report 2012, a study conducted by Trust Research Advisory. In the Brand Trust Report 2013, TVS was ranked 114th among India's most trusted brands but subsequently, according to the Brand Trust Report 2014, TVS was ranked at 25th among India's most trusted brands. TVS Scooty and TVS Apache also featured among India's most trusted brands in 2014.
From its beginnings at the turn of the 20th century, TVS Group has grown to become the largest manufacturer and distributor of auto components in India. TV Sundram Iyengar and Sons is the holding company of the TVS Group; the founder was T. V. Sundram Iyengar from "Thrissur" ( expansion of first letter of his initials), Kerala.
Management of almost all companies is by family members. Most of the group companies maintain a low profile and follow a conservative management style.
Notable companies in the group
TVS Srichakra: Leading manufacturer of two and three wheeler tyres in India. It was started as an independent company without any joint venture with any other foreign company. It is one of the fastest growing company in the TVS group with complete range of two and three wheeler tyres. It is market leader in the original equipment manufacturing segment and one of major player in the after market segment.
TVS Motors: The flagship company. It was started as a Joint Venture between Sundaram Clayton, a group company, and Suzuki Motors, Japan. Subsequently the partners went their separate ways. Revenue was approximately US$1.76 billion in 2006-2007. Headed by Venu Srinivasan.
Sundram Fasteners: The company is the biggest maker of industrial fasteners in India.
TVS Infotech (TVSi): TVSi is an Enterprise Solutions provider for industries like Manufacturing, Automotive, Trading & Distribution and Engineering & Construction.
Sundaram Finance: The financial services arm of the group was established in 1954. It owns majority or substantial stakes in Royal Sundaram Alliance General Insurance Company, Sundaram BNP Paribas Mutual Fund and Sundaram BNP Home Finance Limited. It also has subsidiaries for the distribution of financial products, BPO and IT related fields. It has revenues of approx. Rs.600 crores in 2006-2007 with a workforce more than 2000. It is headed by T.T.Srinivasaraghavan.
Sundaram Infotech: The wholly owned IT Subsidiary of Sundaram Finance Ltd., sells enterprise resource management solutions to mid-sized companies through Microsoft Dynamics (AX, NAV, CRM, and LS Retail). Sundaram Infotech flogs vertically oriented ERP solutions in Manufacturing, Retail & Distribution, Trading & Logistics, Automotive, New Seed (Agro) and Financial services.
Delphi TVS: Manufactures fuel injection components for diesel engines in collaboration with Delphi Automotive, U.S.A. at its manufacturing facilities located at Mannur, Chennai, around 38 km from Chennai.
Wheels India: The company manufacturers automotive wheels and air suspension in collaboration with Titan Plc, UK. It had revenues of Rs.1000 crores in 2006-2007. It is headed by Mr. S. Ram.
Axles India: A subsidiary of Wheels India, the company manufactures axles used in commercial vehicles. It is headed by S.Ram. It had revenues of Rs.300 crores in 2006-2007.
Brakes India: The company manufactures automotive brakes, iron castings and plastic moulding. It has manufacturing facilities at 6 locations. It is headed by S.Viji. It had revenues in excess of Rs.1000 crores in 2006-2007.
Turbo Energy Limited: Manufactures turbo chargers for diesel engines in collaboration with BorgWarner Turbo Systems, U.S.A. at its manufacturing facilities located at Pulivalam, around 100 km from Chennai.
- Sundaram Textiles Limited
- Transenergy Limited
- Delphi-TVS Diesel Systems Limited
- India Japan Lighting Private Limited
- TVS Automotive Europe Limited
- India Motor Parts & Accessories Limited
- TVS Autoparts Private Limited
- India Nippon Electricals Limited
- IRIZAR TVS Private Limited
- TVS Electronics Limited
- Lakshmi Auto Components Limited
- TVS Finance and Services Limited
- Lucas Indian Service Limited
- TVS Interconnect Systems Limited
- Lucas-TVS Limited
- TVS Lanka Private Limited
- Southern Roadways Limited
- TVS Motor Company Limited
- Sundaram Brake Linings Limited
- Sundaram-Clayton Limited
- TVS Sewing Needles Limited
- Sundaram Dynacast Limited
- TVS Srichakra Limited
- T V Sundram Iyengar & Sons Limited
- Sundaram Industries Limited
- TVS Sundram Fasteners Limited
- TVS Upasana Engineering Ltd
- Anusha Investments Limited, Chennai
- Holding company : Sundaram-Clayton Limited, Chennai
- Ultimate Holding Company : T V Sundaram Iyengar & Sons Limited, Madurai
- Fellow subsidiaries : TVS Motor Company Limited, Chennai
- Sundaram Auto Components Limited, Chennai
- TVS Motor (Singapore) Pte. Limited, Singapore
- TVS Motor Company (Europe) B V, Amsterdam
- PT.TVS Motor Company Indonesia, Indonesia
- TVS Energy Limited, Chennai
- TVS Investments Limited, Chennai
- TVS Electronics Limited, Chennai
- Tumkur Property Holdings Limited, Chennai
- Prime Property Holdings Limited, Chennai
- TVS-E Access (India) Limited, Chennai
- TVS-E Servicetec Limited, Chennai
- TVS Capital Funds Limited, Chennai
- Sravanaa Properties Limited, Chennai
- Southern Roadways Limited, Madurai
- Sundaram Industries Limited, Coimbatore
- The Associated Auto Parts Limited, Mumbai
- TVS Interconnect Systems Limited, Coimbatore
- TVS Logistics Services Limited, Chennai
- Lucas-TVS Limited, Chennai
- Sundaram Textiles Limited,Coimbatore
- NSM Holdings Limited, Coimbatore
- TVSNet Technologies Limited, Coimbatore
- TOR Projects & Services Limited, Coimbatore
- NK Telecom Products Limited, Coimbatore
- NK Telesystems Limited, Coimbatore
- TVS Automotive Europe Liimted, UK
- TVS CJ Components Limited, UK
- TVS Logistics Iberia S.L., Spain
- TVS Logistics Siam Limited, Thailand
- TVS Autoserv GmbH, Germany
- TVS Logistics Investment UK Limited, UK
- YeleStre Holdings Limited, UK
- Multipart (Holdings) Limited, UK
- Multipart Solutions Limited, UK
- IH Crick Property Co Limited, UK
- Msys Software Solutions Limited, UK
- Globe Dynamics Limited, UK
- Globe Transport Products Limited, UK
- TVS Dynamic Global Freight Services Limited, Chennai
- TVS Commutation Solutions Limited, Chennai
- Lucas Indian Service Limited, Chennai
- TVS Automotive Systems Limited, Chennai
- Iranian Automotive Systems, Iran
- Sundram Non-Conventional Energy Systems Limited, Chennai
- Madras Auto Service
- Sundaram Motors
- Sundarams Limited
- Sundaram Charities
- Rico Group, UK
- ABI Showatech India Limited
"TVS Group - Fourth-generation ambitions". Aug 28, 2012.