|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008)|
Type of site
|Launched||November 1, 2001|
|61,930 (April 2014[update])|
The site began on November 1, 2001 and has expanded to accept votes from registered members for over 10,000 television shows throughout TV history. The site contains information on over 8000 TV-DVD releases—including full season, best of, and individual episode releases. The site also posts thousands of news articles relating to upcoming releases, reviews of TV-DVDs that are currently on the market, and sometimes a list of alterations (such as use of syndicated episode versions and music replacement) to various TV-DVDs.
Users can create accounts to vote for which TV shows they would like to see on DVD and compile lists of the sets they own and want. The site currently receives over 75,000 visitors a day and has official links with many major studios. The site also maintains an RSS feed, a blog, a presence on Twitter and a Facebook fan page. At their Facebook fan page they also maintain a "What's The Hold-up? FAQ", describing known reasons why particular shows are not currently receiving DVD releases.
Home Theater Forum
The site is very closely linked to Home Theater Forum. The founder of TVShowsOnDVD.com, Gord Lacey, and the site's news director, David Lambert, are both regularly posting members at the "HTF" and were registered there prior to the creation the site they work at. The HTF's "TV on DVD and Blu-ray: Shows and TV Movies" section remains the official message board of TVShowsOnDVD.com.
- "Tvshowsondvd.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Lacey, Gord (2007-02-15). "An Important Note From Gord".
- "CBS Acquires 50% Stake in Former TV Guide Network". New York Times. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- Lacey, Gord (2005-11-01). "November 1, 2001 - November 1, 2005: We're 4!".
- TVShowsOnDVD at Twitter.com
- TVShowsOnDVD at Facebook.com
- Lambert, David (2009-09-04). "TVShowsOnDVD.com: The "What's The Hold-up?" FAQ".
- Home Theater Forum
- Alexa.com: Web Site Popularity
- Alexa.com: Region 1