TV Guide Talk
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into TV Guide. (Discuss) Proposed since January 2013.|
TV Guide Talk was a weekly podcast released by the American entertainment industry publication TV Guide. First released on May 18, 2005, each episode featured commentary from TV Guide staff on the week's entertainment news stories, television programs, and film releases, as well as occasional interviews with actors, producers, and executives. On April 4, 2008, it was announced that the podcast would be ending, and the final episode (Episode No. 139) was released on April 10, 2008.
TV Guide Talk podcasts were released every Friday afternoon and averaged an hour in length. They featured the participants discussing and commenting on the past week in television and the entertainment industry in general. The beginning of each podcast was devoted to in-depth discussion on the week's biggest new story in the entertainment industry, whether it be a television program or something outside the scope of television show or movie (such as the Academy Awards or the Emmys). The middle part was devoted to discussion and commentary on individual shows. The podcast emphasized programs that tend to have a large online following even if that following is not necessarily reflected in the programs' Nielsen rating. Examples include American Idol, Heroes, Lost, Survivor, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, and Project Runway (the latter three being examples a low-rated shows which nevertheless have sizable online followings). Each podcast also ended with a weekly review of that weekend's new theatrical releases.
From its inception, TV Guide Talk has featured four commentators from the staff of TV Guide.
- Michael Ausiello, a TV Guide television news reporter, who often takes the lead on breaking industry news stories for the magazine.
- Matt Webb Mitovich, TV Guide News Editor, officially replaced Dan on July 6, 2007. He guest co-hosted the June 15, 2007 podcast. 
- Maitland McDonagh, senior film editor of the website and one of TV Guide's film critics. Also a renowned film critic and author of MovieLust.
- A replacement for Angel Cohn has yet to be named.
- Lauren Ruotolo, was briefly one of the original commentators, left abruptly when promoted to a different position at TVGuide.
- Daniel Manu, Former TV Guide editorial director who opened and closed each podcast, as well offered his TV and Movie opinions. Dan left after the May 25, 2007 podcast to work at NBC Universal. As mentioned in the June 8th Podcast.
- Angel Cohn, a prominent Watercooler blogger and occasional film critic. Angel announced her departure from TVGuide.com during the July 13 podcast. She will be working at AOL Television according to her Myspace blog.
- Rochell Thomas, TV Guide Columnist guest hosted on June 1, 2007, June 22, 2007, July 2, 2007, July 20, 2007, July 27, 2007, and August 31, 2007.
- Matt Roush, TV Guide Columnist guest hosted on June 8, 2007, August 10, 2007, and September 7, 2007.
- Ali Gazan, TV Guide Columnist guest hosted on August 17, 2007, August 24, 2007, and September 7, 2007.