TV Patrol Northern Luzon
|TV Patrol Northern Luzon|
Ang Mas Pinalakas na Patrol ng Pilipino sa Hilagang Luzon
|Created by||ABS-CBN Regional Network Group|
|Starring||Dobie de Guzman
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs daily)|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||ABS-CBN TV-3 Baguio|
|Original run||January 27, 1997 – Present|
TV Patrol Northern Luzon is a local news program of ABS-CBN Regional Network Group in Northern Luzon, shown in the northern Luzon cities and provinces of Baguio, entire Cordillera, La Union, Southern Parts of Ilocos Sur and Parts of Pangasinan.
The newscast is done in a tabloid-style format. It delivers the most recent news and current affairs issues in Northern Luzon in the Tagalog language.
It is aired live daily from the ABS-CBN Baguio at 5:15 PM, from Monday to Friday, simulcast also on Channel 30 in La Union and Channel 11 Mountain Province. It is also simulcast on radio via MOR 103.1 Baguio For Life!
TV Patrol Northern Luzon is anchored by Dobie de Guzman and Maira Wallis. The program is backed by a team of ABS-CBN reporters.
The newscast premiered on January 27, 1997. On January 27, 1997, when it was delivered the news in Northern and Central Luzon. March 17, 1997 when it was separated in Central Luzon. The program has spun off TV Patrol North Central Luzon which now serves as the local news broadcast fo Pangasinan, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Zambales and Aurora. The five provinces used to carry the broadcast of TV Patrol Northern Luzon.
The news program offers several segments such as "Sari-Sari" for human interest stories, "RX Patrol" for health issues, Pulis Patrol for police and crime reports. Add to that the revival of the segment "Alam Ba News?" which tackles about everything under the sun with suggested topics from viewers.
In addition, it is only one of the newscasts in the Philippines with a video showing sign language of the news for audience with visual difficulties similar to TV Patrol Central Visayas, TV Patrol Southern Tagalog and TV Patrol Bicol.
On September 16, 2013, TV Patrol Northern Luzon reformatted their logo, opening titles, and graphics similar to the main newscast.
The news program won the 31st Catholic Mass Media Awards (CMMA) for Best News Program. It had beat TV Patrol, Bandila, and 24 Oras. Furthermore, TV Patrol Northern Luzon was nominated for Best News Program in the recent KBP Golden Dove Awards.
The late afternoon newscast reformatted in the later half of 2010 to suit the newest look of the mother program TV Patrol.
Area of coverage
- San Fernando City and La Union
- Baguio City and Benguet
- Banaue and Ifugao
- Sagada and Mountain Province
- Kabugao and Apayao
- Tabuk and Kalinga
- Southern Parts of Ilocos Sur
- Parts of Pangasinan
- Dobie de Guzman – News Head
- Maira Wallis – News Desk
- Ada Marie Sibayan – Sit in Anchor for Maira Wallis
- Angelyn Valencia – Sit in Anchor for Maira Wallis
- Mae Cornes
- KC Zalavaria
- Chuck Tinte – Sit in Anchor for Dhobie de Guzman
- Diane Rivera
- Opinyon ng Bayan
- Bayan Mo, i-Patrol Mo!
- Lingkod Kapamilya
- Pulis Patrol
- Star Patrol
- Ronda Probinsya
- Sports Patrol
- Alam Ba News? with Angelyn Valencia
- Weather Weather Lang
- Choose Philippines
- Boses ng Bayan
- Angat sa Negosyo
- RX Patrol
- Minute Patrol
- Batang K
- BidaKa Cordillera and BidaKa
- Sagip Kalikasan Buhay
Past reporters and anchors
- Adamor Llarenas Dagang ( The first Anchor and Producer), now the Provincial Information & Tourism Officer, Province of La Union)
- Maricar Datuin (now a TV5 News Reporter)
- Jimmy Fong (now the Department Chair of the Department of Communication at the University of the Philippines Baguio. He is also a Komisyoner ng Wikang Filipino of KWF)
- Jermaine James Beltran (now a TV5 News Reporter)
- Carah Dularte
- Rex Bate (now a PDO2 at DSWD-CAR)
- Jen Nievera
- Gladys Espinola
- Malu Echevarria (now a TV5 News Reporter)
- Philip Erpelo
- Pia Gutierrez (now an ABS-CBN News Reporter in Manila)
- Ma. Krystalline Jimenez (Tala Jimenez)
- Jacqueline Aluning-Manabat (now an ABS-CBN News Reporter in Manila)
- Xenia Ribaya
- Christian Rillorta (now a TV5 News Reporter)
- Franz Soliman
- Venus Tanada
- Kristine Addatu
- Ismael Palatan
- Butch Mendizabal (He is also a former Executive Producer and Co-Anchor of TV Patrol Palawan Now a News Desk Editor of Solar News Channel)
- Mara Floresca
- Joel Rigonan