TV Sports Basketball
TV Sports Basketball is a 1990 computer basketball game for the home computers. It was developed by Cinemaware and published by Mirrorsoft for the Amiga, DOS, Commodore and TurboGrafx-16. It is part of the TV Sports series that included TV Sports: Baseball as well as other games based on hockey and American football.
The game features five-a-side basketball matches. Players can either play against computer (controlling the players or a coach) or with another person (in versus or cooperative mode). When playing the human could choose to control the same player during the whole match or the one currently in possession of the ball.
The game shows a vertical view and has no NBA license. The in-game perspective is from half-court. When the ball crosses half-court, a short cutscene plays showing the players running to the other side of the court as the game transitions to the opposing basket.
- TV Sports Basketball at mobygames.com
- TV Sports: Basketball free download at liberatedgames.org
- TV Sports Basketball at angusm.demon.co.uk
- TV Sports Basketball at videogamecritic.net
- Spezzano, Dan; Lee, Wyatt (September 1991). "Slammin' and Jammin' / Courtside Criticism on Computer Basketball Games". Computer Gaming World. p. 108. Retrieved 18 November 2013.
- Official home site
- TV Sports Basketball at hol.abime.net
- Commodore 64 version review at gtw64.retro-net.de
- Amiga and PC Engine versions screenshots at nacionarcade.net (in Spanish)
|This article about a basketball video game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|