|Look up tabernacle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The Tabernacle most commonly refers to the Jewish Tabernacle (משכן), which was a movable tent and worship facility used by the Israelites for the worship of Yahweh as recorded in the Book of Exodus. The Temple in Jerusalem, the successor to the above, was also called a tabernacle in early Jerusalem.
A tabernacle may also refer to:
- a Church tabernacle, which is a small cupboard, chest or cabinet in which the consecrated hosts are kept
- a multipurpose building used for worship and community centers by the LDS Church (see Tabernacle (LDS Church))
- a nook or frame intended for such a shrine (see Aedicula)
- the booths used in the Jewish festival of Sukkot, (see sukkah), or any other tent, booth or temporary dwelling (see booth (disambiguation))
- the frame or support on which a detachable or folding mast (sailing) is mounted
- a name for a local church
As a proper name, Tabernacle may also refer to:
- The Tabernacle, a concert venue in Atlanta, Georgia
- Tabernacle, Kentucky
- Tabernacle Township, New Jersey
- Tabernacle, Notting Hill, an arts venue in London, England
- Christian Tabernacle Academy, a private Christian school located in Lincoln City, Delaware
- Tabernacle Christian Academy, a Christian school in Poughkeepsie, New York in the USA
- Tabernacle School District, a community public school district Tabernacle Township, in Burlington County, New Jersey, United States
- Tabernacle Christian School, a private Christian School in Gardendale, Alabama, USA
- The Tabernacle, a spectators' building for cricket at Mote Park, Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom
Places of worship
- Dime Tabernacle, the fourth Seventh-day Adventist church to be built in Berrien Springs, Michigan
- Metropolitan Tabernacle, a large Reformed Baptist church in the Elephant and Castle in London
- Salt Lake Tabernacle, a religious meeting building in Salt Lake City, Utah, also known as the Mormon Tabernacle
- The Tabernacle, Machynlleth, a former Wesleyan chapel
- Tucson Tabernacle, a church located in Tucson, Arizona
- Whitefield's Tabernacle (disambiguation), name of several churches
- Tabernacle Chapel, Morriston, a Grade I listed chapel on Woodfield Street in Morriston, Wales.
- Tabernacle of Unity, a small book, first published in July 2006
- Tabernacle Societies, lay Eucharistic Adorative associations within Roman Catholic parishes, principally in America and Australia
- Tin tabernacle, common name for church and related buildings made of corrugated iron
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tabernacle.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.