Tabla Beat Science
Tabla Beat Science is a musical group founded in 1999 by Zakir Hussain and Bill Laswell. Its style consists of a mixture of Hindustani music, Asian Underground, ambient music, drum and bass and electronica. Laswell met with Karsh Kale (who had worked together with Bill for years), and they later teamed up with Talvin Singh and Trilok Gurtu. All six have written for Tabla Beat Science's music.
- Zakir Hussain is a classical musician and accompanist.
- Trilok Gurtu is an Indian percussionist.
- Talvin Singh is an Asian Underground artist.
- Bill Laswell is a bassist, producer, and composer.
- Ustad Sultan Khan plays the sarangi.
- Fabian Alsultany aka Sultan 32 plays Keyboards and electronics.
- Karsh Kale plays tabla and drum kit.
- DJ Disk plays turntable.
- Tala Matrix (2000)
- Live in San Francisco at Stern Grove (2002)
- Talamanam Sound Clash: Further Adventures in Hypercussion (DVD) (2003)
|This article on a United States experimental music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|