Tacoma (Amtrak station)
Amtrak inter-city rail station
|Address||1001 Puyallup Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98421
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Owned by||Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway|
|Passengers (2013)||126,027 2.4%|
Although the Amtrak Cascades runs between Eugene, Oregon and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, there is no train that starts at one terminus and ends at the other. However, each day eight Amtrak Cascades trains (four northbound and four southbound) stop at Tacoma.[Note 1] (The next northbound stop on the Amtrak Cascades is in Tukwila and the next southbound stop is in Lacey.)
The Coast Starlight has a simpler, less frequent schedule and runs daily in each direction between Los Angeles, California and Seattle.[Note 2] (The next northbound stop on the Coast Starlight is in Seattle and the next southbound stop is in Lacey.)
- As of 6 January 2014 the new Amtrak Cascades schedule is as follows:
- Southbound trains:
- Train 501 stops at 8:13 am (originating in Seattle and heading to Portland, Oregon)
- Train 513 stops at 12:08 pm (originating in Vancouver, British Columbia and heading to Portland)
- Train 507 stops at 2:43 pm (originating in Seattle and heading to Eugene, Oregon)
- Train 509 stops at 6:13 pm (originating in Seattle and heading to Portland)
- Northbound trains:
- Train 500 stops at 10:54 am (originating in Eugene and heading to Seattle)
- Train 506 stops at 2:49 pm (originating in Portland and heading for Seattle)
- Train 516 stops at 5:19 pm (originating in originated in Portland and heading for Vancouver, British Columbia)
- Train 508 stops at 9:24 pm (originating in originated in Eugene and heading for Seattle)
- Southbound trains:
- As of 13 January 2014 the southbound Coast Starlight (Train 11) is scheduled to stop at 10:21 am and the northbound (Train 14) is scheduled to stop at 7:03 pm.
- "Tacoma, WA (TAC)". amtrak.com. Amtrak. Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, State of Washington" (PDF). amtrak.com. Amtrak. Nov 2013. Retrieved 3 Dec 2013.
- "Amtrak Cascades" (PDF). amtrak.com. Amtrak. 6 Jan 2014. p. 2-3. Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "Coast Starlight" (PDF). amtrak.com. Amtrak. 13 Jan 2014. p. 2. Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
|This Washington train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|