Tacoma Narrows Airport
|Tacoma Narrows Airport|
|FAA airport diagram|
|IATA: TIW – ICAO: KTIW – FAA LID: TIW|
|Owner||Pierce County Public Works & Utilities|
|Location||Gig Harbor, Washington|
|Elevation AMSL||294 ft / 90 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Tacoma Narrows Airport (IATA: TIW, ICAO: KTIW, FAA LID: TIW) is a county owned, public use airport located 5 mi (8.0 km) west of the central business district of Tacoma, a city in Pierce County, Washington, United States. It is situated in Gig Harbor, Washington, one mile southwest of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. The airport was owned by the city of Tacoma until 2008, when it was purchased by Pierce County.
Facilities and aircraft
Tacoma Narrows Airport covers an area of 644 acres (261 ha) at an elevation of 294 feet (90 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 17/35 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,002 by 150 feet (1,525 x 46 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2011, the airport had 78,841 aircraft operations, an average of 216 per day: 97% general aviation, 2% air taxi, and 2% military. At that time there were 138 aircraft based at this airport: 78% single-engine, 11% multi-engine, 5% jet, and 6% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for TIW ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "Tacoma Narrows Airport". Pierce County. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB)". National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Tacoma Narrows Airport at Pierce County website
- Tacoma Narrows Airport at Washington State DOT website
- Aerial image as of June 1990 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective June 26, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for TIW, effective June 26, 2014
- Resources for this airport: