|Release date(s)||October 8, 2013|
Tactical Intervention is a video game developed by Minh "Gooseman" Le, the co-creator of Counter-Strike. It is a multiplayer first-person shooter in which a team of counter-terrorists face off against a team of terrorists, much like its predecessor, Counter-Strike. The game features dogs, riot shields and the ability to rappel. Tactical Intervention entered closed beta for North America on May 28, 2010, however this did not result in the release of the game. OGPlanet has since picked up Tactical Intervention for release in North America. The game has also since been shown at GDC 2012 in San Francisco, where Gooseman demo'ed the game and was interviewed by various gaming media including GameTrailers, IGN, GameSpot and more. Joystiq launched its exclusive beta on March 4 until March 8. OGPlanet launched the open beta from the March 14 up to the March 25. They also revealed the game's release date as October 8, 2013.
On June 10, 2013, game servers were brought down because "player involvement has yet to reach a level for OGPlanet to sustain its future service".
The game has since been picked up by German publisher RNTS games and is scheduled to appear at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany in August 2013. The game will also be released on Steam worldwide with RNTS.
- Ben Min (2009-09-28). "The Next Counterstrike: A conversation with Minh Le and a look at Tactical Intervention.". Retrieved 2009-09-28.
- "Tactical Intervention Preview", IGN, Retrieved on 2012-3-20.
- , GameSpot, Retrieved on 2012-3-20.
- , GameTrailers, Retrieved on 2012-3-20.
- , IGN, Retrieved on 2012-3-20.
- , G4, Retrieved on 2012-3-20.
- "Announcement of TI Closure". Tactical Intervention. OGPlanet. 3 June 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "TI Launch countdown". Tactical Intervention. RNTS. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- "RNTS TI Booth at Gamescom Cologne". Tactical Intervention. RNTS. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
|This first-person shooter video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This online game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|