|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
KiHa 40 series DMUs pass at Aizu-Kawaguchi Station, March 2007
|Locale||Fukushima, Niigata prefectures|
|Line length||135.2 km (84.0 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Tadami Line (只見線 Tadami-sen?) is a railway line in Japan operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East). It connects Aizu-Wakamatsu Station in Aizuwakamatsu, Fukushima with Koide Station in Uonuma, Niigata. The section between Aizu-Kawaguchi and Tadami has been closed since July 2012 due to rainstorm damage, with no definite reopening date fixed.
All trains are local (all-stations) services, with approximately eight to nine trains in each direction per day. Only three round-trips operate over the entire line, and some seasonal trains operate through onto the line from the Ban'etsu West and Jōetsu lines.
Due to the many curves on the line trains take over four hours to traverse its 135.2 km length.
- All trains stop at every station.
- Trains can pass each other at stations marked "◇", "∨", "∧"; they cannot pass at those marked "｜".
|Aizu-Wakamatsu||会津若松||-||0.0||Ban'etsu West Line||∨||Aizuwakamatsu||Fukushima|
|Nishi-Wakamatsu||西若松||1.8||3.1||Aizu Railway Aizu Line[* 1]||◇|
|Aizu-Takada||会津高田||4.8||11.3||｜||Aizumisato, Ōnuma District|
|Wakamiya||若宮||2.1||18.9||｜||Aizubange, Kawanuma District|
|Aizu-Yanaizu||会津柳津||3.6||33.3||｜||Yanaizu, Kawanuma District|
|Aizu-Hinohara||会津桧原||1.9||41.5||｜||Mishima, Ōnuma District|
|Aizu-Mizunuma||会津水沼||3.9||55.1||｜||Kaneyama, Ōnuma District|
|Honna||本名||2.8||63.6||Section closed since July 2011||｜|
|Aizu-Shiozawa||会津塩沢||5.5||80.9||｜||Tadami, Minamiaizu District|
- All Aizu Line trains run through to Aizu-Wakamatsu Station.
Heavy rain storms in July 2011 forced the section of the line between Aizu-Kawaguchi and Ōshirakawa to be closed. The section between Tadami and Ōshirakawa was reopened from 1 October 2012, but the schedule for reopening the remaining section between Aizu-Kawaguchi and Tadami is indefinite.
- JR Timetable, December 2010 issue
- "ＪＲ只見線 全線早期再開は困難" [JR Tadami Line: Early reopening of the entire line difficult]. MSN Sankei News (in Japanese). Japan: The Sankei Shimbun & Sankei Digital. 13 September 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tadami Line.|
- Stations of the Tadami Line (JR East) (Japanese)