Majerič at the 2014 Wimbledon
|Full name||Tadeja Majerič|
31 August 1990 |
Maribor, SR Slovenia, SFR Yugoslavia
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Plays||Right-handed (two–handed backhand)|
|Career titles||7 ITF|
|Highest ranking||111 (25 November 2013)|
|Current ranking||236 (17 November 2014)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Australian Open||1R (2014)|
|French Open||Q2 (2013)|
|US Open||Q1 (2013, 2014)|
|Career titles||3 ITF|
|Highest ranking||227 (28 January 2013)|
|Current ranking||393 (17 November 2014)|
|Fed Cup||0–1 (singles)
|Last updated on: 17 November 2014.|
Majerič has won seven singles and three doubles title on the ITF tour in her career. On 25 November 2013, she reached her best singles ranking of world number 111. On 28 January 2013, she peaked at world number 227 in the doubles rankings. She has played for the Slovenia Fed Cup team on three occasions.
Majerič made her ITF Women's Circuit debut in April 2005 as a qualifier at a $10,000 event in Makarska, Croatia. The following year, she reached her first professional final in Zadar, losing in straight sets to Ani Mijačika. 2006 also saw her qualify for the main draw at the WTA Tier IV Banka Koper Slovenia Open in Portorož, defeating Margit Rüütel, Dominika Cibulková and Lucie Hradecká in the qualifying tournament, only to lose to fellow Slovenian Andreja Klepač in round one on her WTA tour main draw debut.
In 2007, Majerič played her first matches in national colours for the Slovenia Fed Cup team. In August 2007, she won her first ITF singles tournament in Palić, Serbia. Her second ITF singles tournament win came two years later in Tanjung Selor, Indonesia. After this, she was given a wildcard for the 2009 Banka Koper Slovenia Open, losing to world number 1 Dinara Safina in the first round.
Majerič made her third appearance for Slovenia, in doubles, at the 2010 Fed Cup. Alongside Maša Zec Peškirič in her home town of Maribor, they defeated Japan in their World Group II playoff rubber. Majerič's first ITF tournament doubles success came in 2010 at her home tournament, the Infond Open. Partnering Andreja Klepač, they defeated the Russian pair Alexandra Panova and Ksenia Pervak in straight sets. Her third singles tournament win in January 2011 came on the Indian grass courts of Muzaffarnagar. She won her second doubles tournament in Samsun, Turkey, in the summer of 2012, but it wasn't until the end of 2012 that she was successful again, winning both singles and doubles tournaments in Pune.
2013 turned out to be Majerič's breakthrough year. A good run in the United States in January saw her reach two finals in successive weeks, winning the first, but losing the second, both $25,000 clay court events.
In February, Majerič qualified for the main draw of the 2013 Qatar Total Open, but lost, again in the first round, to Hsieh Su-wei. After qualifying failures in Katowice and Marrakesh, she travelled to South America, winning a $25,000 ITF singles event in Caracas, gaining enough important world ranking points to earn her a spot in qualifying for the 2013 French Open. After beating María Irigoyen, she faced Argentinian opposition again, this time in the form of fifth seed Paula Ormaechea. Majerič lost in straight sets. In the run-up to Wimbledon, she reached the final of the 2013 Aegon Nottingham Challenge, a $75,000 ITF tournament on grass, where she lost to Elena Baltacha in straight sets. Despite being seeded 23rd at Wimbledon qualifying, she could only reach the second round again, losing to Grace Min.
Further first round main draw exits followed at the WTA International tournaments in Budapest and Bad Gastein, but, at the 2013 Baku Cup, Majerič reached the quarterfinals, winning her first career WTA tour main draw matches. As a result, she posted a career-best ranking of world number 115.
Majerič was seeded 16th in qualifying for the US Open in August, but lost in three sets to Julia Cohen. Back on the ITF circuit in September she made the second round of the Trabzon Cup, but lost in qualifying for Guangzhou and Tokyo on the WTA tour. Her next event followed at the Governor's Cup in Lagos, the first of two $25,000 ITF tournaments in the Nigerian metropolis. Here in Africa Majerič won her third title of the year, defeating fellow Slovenian Dalila Jakupović in straight sets in the final.
ITF finals (10–15)
|Runner-up||1.||15 May 2006||Zadar, Croatia||Clay||Ani Mijačika||1–6, 5–7|
|Winner||1.||28 August 2007||Palić, Serbia||Clay||Biljana Pawlowa-Dimitrova||6–2, 6–2|
|Winner||2.||11 May 2009||Tanjung Selor, Indonesia||Hard (i)||Nudnida Luangnam||6–3, 7–5|
|Runner-up||2.||1 February 2010||Rancho Mirage, United States||Hard||Olivia Sanchez||5–7, 0–6|
|Winner||3.||17 January 2011||Muzaffarnagar, India||Grass||Zheng Saisai||6–2, 5–7, 6–2|
|Runner-up||3.||13 June 2011||Astana, Kazakhstan||Hard||Tímea Babos||0–6, 2–6|
|Runner-up||4.||4 June 2012||Qarshi, Uzbekistan||Hard||Nadiya Kichenok||3–6, 6–7(3–7)|
|Winner||4.||24 December 2012||Pune, India||Hard||Başak Eraydın||6–2, 6–4|
|Winner||5.||7 January 2013||Innisbrook, United States||Clay||Ajla Tomljanović||6–2, 6–3|
|Runner-up||5.||14 January 2013||Port St. Lucie, United States||Clay||Sharon Fichman||3–6, 2–6|
|Winner||6.||29 April 2013||Caracas, Venezuela||Hard||Adriana Pérez||1–6, 6–3, 7–5|
|Runner-up||6.||10 June 2013||Nottingham, United Kingdom||Grass||Elena Baltacha||5–7, 6–7(7–9)|
|Winner||7.||14 October 2013||Lagos, Nigeria||Hard||Dalila Jakupović||7–5, 7–5|
|Runner-up||7.||10 November 2014||Mumbai, India||Hard||Marina Melnikova||2–6, 6–7(4–7)|
|Runner-up||1.||28 April 2008||Makarska, Croatia||Clay||Maša Zec Peškirič|| Polona Hercog
|Runner-up||2.||14 July 2008||Zwevegem, Belgium||Clay||Iveta Gerlová|| Daniëlle Harmsen
|Runner-up||3.||18 August 2008||Moscow, Russia||Clay||Natalia Ryzhonkova|| Vitalia Diatchenko
|Winner||1.||31 May 2010||Maribor, Slovenia||Clay||Andreja Klepač|| Alexandra Panova
|Winner||2.||18 July 2011||Samsun, Turkey||Hard||Mihaela Buzărnescu|| Çağla Büyükakçay
|Runner-up||4.||17 October 2011||Lagos, Nigeria||Hard||Aleksandrina Naydenova|| Nina Bratchikova
|5–7, 7–5, [6–10]|
|Runner-up||5.||19 March 2012||Bangalore, India||Hard||Anja Prislan|| Tamaryn Hendler
|2–6, 6–4, [6–10]|
|Runner-up||6.||16 July 2012||Imola, Italy||Carpet||Marina Melnikova|| Alice Balducci
Federica di Sarra
|Runner-up||7.||27 August 2012||Mamaia, Romania||Clay||Danka Kovinić|| Elena Bogdan
|Winner||3.||24 December 2012||Pune, India||Hard||Conny Perrin|| Lu Jiajing
|3–6, 7–5, [10–6]|
|Runner-up||8.||4 November 2013||Istanbul, Turkey||Hard (i)||Andreea Mitu|| Nigina Abduraimova
Maria Elena Camerin
|3–6, 6–2, [8–10]|
Fed Cup participation
|2007 Fed Cup
Europe/Africa Zone Group I
|P/O||21 April 2007||Plovdiv, Bulgaria||Switzerland||Clay||Emmanuelle Gagliardi||L||0–6, 0–6|
|2007 Fed Cup
Europe/Africa Zone Group I
|R/R||19 April 2007||Plovdiv, Bulgaria||Estonia||Clay||Polona Hercog|| Anett Kaasik
|W||1–6, 6–1, 6–4|
|2010 Fed Cup
World Group II
|P/O||25 April 2010||Maribor, Slovenia||Japan||Clay (i)||Maša Zec Peškirič|| Rika Fujiwara
|W||6–4, 6–7(2–7), 6–3|
Singles performance timeline
|Tour-level Win %||0%||0%||0%||0%||0%||0%||0%||0%||33%||22%|
|Overall win %||0%||68%||59%||53%||61%||53%||56%||56%||65%||58%|
|Year end ranking||–||626||581||398||291||295||279||227||111||N/A|
- Statistics correct as of 16 September 2013
- Note: Missing matches of the ITF tournaments in Pune, India, in 2011 and 2012 as well as Fed Cup appearances are not yet recorded in Majerič's official WTA statistics profile.
- Fishpool, Nick (8 January 2013). "ITF Pro Circuit meets... Tadeja Majerič". ITF. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Majeričeva bo izzvala Klepačevo". RTV (in Slovene). 18 September 2006. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Šok za Srebotnikovo že v prvem krogu". RTV (in Slovene). 19 September 2006. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Tenisačice osvojile 7. mesto". RTV (in Slovene). 21 April 2007. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Safina Majeričevi prepustila štiri igre". RTV (in Slovene). 20 July 2009. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Majeričeva in Klepačeva rešili slovensko čast". RTV (in Slovene). 6 June 2010. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Fishpool, Nick (4 January 2013). "Spotlight – Tadeja Majerič – December 2012". ITF. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Tretji dvoboj in prvi poraz Kavčiča proti nekdanjemu prvemu igralcu sveta". RTV (in Slovene). 12 February 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Žemlja namučil Troickega, Bedene gladko izgubil z Nemcem". RTV (in Slovene). 22 May 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Hercogova in Majeričeva ostali brez Roland Garrosa". RTV (in Slovene). 23 May 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Niso posegli po pravilu: Nadal v Wimbledonu peti nosilec". RTV (in Slovene). 19 June 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Beck gewinnt Auftaktmatch in Budapest". Focus (in German). 8 July 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Klepačeva napredovala, stop za Majeričevo". SiOL.net (in Slovene). 16 July 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Shahar Peer advances to semifinals at Baku Cup with straight-set win over Tadeja Majeric". The Washington Post. 26 July 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Pe'er stops Scheepers to make Baku QFs". WTA. 25 July 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Rola, Blaž (29 July 2013). "Tadeja Majerič se približuje elitni stoterici". RTV (in Slovene). Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Hitro slovo Majeričeve od New Yorka". RTV (in Slovene). 21 August 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Polona preskočila prvo japonsko oviro, znani finalistki v Guangzhouju". SiOL.net (in Slovene). 20 September 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tadeja Majerič.|
- Tadeja Majerič at the Women's Tennis Association
- Tadeja Majerič at the International Tennis Federation
- Tadeja Majerič at the Fed Cup