Tadibya (tádyebya; Russian: тадебя) is the mediator between the ordinary world and the upper- and underworlds of the spirits among the Nenets people. The Nenets rank their shamans by their spiritual attachment and function as well as their experience.
The following categories of Nenets shamans are listed by Mihaly Hoppal, who cites research conducted by L. Khomitch and Leonid A. Lar.
- Vidutana, strong shamans standing in contact with the upper world
- Yanyani tadebya, shamans belonging to the earth
- Sambana shamans, shamans able to receive messages from dead people and to perform other rituals concerning the dead.
- Hoppál, Mihály: Sámánok Eurázsiában. Akadémiai Kiadó, Budapest, 2005
- (English) The Process of Education of the Nenets Shamans, by Leonid A. Lar
- (Russian) The Nenets Shamans, by Leonid A. Lar
- Jarkko Niemi: The types of the Nenets songs. 1997
- The shamanistic songs
|This religion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|