|Also known as||Taeyeon|
March 9, 1989 |
Jeonju, North Jeolla, South Korea
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Genres||K-pop, R&B, Dance-pop|
|Occupations||Singer, dancer, actress, promotional model, TV presenter|
|Years active||2007 – present|
|Associated acts||Girls' Generation, SM Town, TaeTiSeo (TTS), SM The Ballad|
|Website||SM Town (Girls' Generation)|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Tae-yeon|
Kim Tae-yeon (born March 9, 1989) is a South Korean singer, TV presenter, dancer, actress and promotional model. She is a member of the South Korean girl group Girls' Generation, its subgroup TaeTiSeo (TTS) as well as S.M. The Ballad.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Music career
- 3 Hosting career
- 4 Acting career
- 5 Angel Price Music Festival Incident
- 6 Personal life
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Discography
- 9 Filmography
- 10 Endorsements
- 11 Awards
- 12 References
- 13 External links
During her pre-debut days, Tae-yeon was greatly inspired by another artist, BoA. The then-teenager was fascinated by BoA's fluent Japanese as well as her dancing and singing skills. At that time, becoming a person like BoA became Tae-yeon’s big goal. Tae-yeon expressed "I have always wanted to be like her and have activities in Japan and around the world" in which that came true when Girls' Generation, after debuting in South Korea, also debuted in Japan in 2010.
Tae-yeon started receiving her vocal training at the SM Academy during her middle-school years. Lee Solim, the SM Academy's president, remembered her as his most memorable student and recalled his memories of their first encounter at the school. Initially, Taeyeon's father had not planned for her to become an entertainer; however, after Lee saw the potential and passion within her, her father was persuaded. During the following year, Taeyeon and her father traveled back and forth from Jeonju to Seoul on every Sunday to take her singing lessons. Subsequently, in 2004, she won the first place at the SM Youth Best Competition and officially received a contract from SM Entertainment. She was also featured in The One's song "You Bring Me Joy" during the same year. Taeyeon continued her training under SM Entertainment and debuted as a part of Girls' Generation in 2007.
In 2008, Taeyeon graduated from Jeonju Art High School and was awarded with the school's Lifetime Achievement Award.
Tae-yeon's vocal ability has received many positive recognition among the professionals in the industry. Park Jin-young, the CEO of JYP Entertainment, once expressed his wish to work with the singer, emphasizing on her strength in expressing emotions "Rather than singers who sing well, I like singers [Tae-yeon] who you can't differentiate from singing and talking." Composer Yoo Youngseok, on the other hand, remarked "Tae-yeon feels like a woman who has been divorced seven times", implying that her voice provokes sadness as if she has been through many life experiences. Composer Ahn Young Min, the producer of Tae-yeon's song "I Love You", further expressed "I was so shocked by Taeyeon’s singing ability. It’s a mature song so I was worried, but she made tears fall down my face. Barely an hour into the production's process, and I remember clapping my hands." Jonghyun, a fellow SM artist, also revealed his jealousy towards Tae-yeon, saying "Through her expressiveness, you feel that she experienced an incredible amount, felt love and went through separations.... that feeling existed even during Taeyeon's school and training days. She expresses emotions very well..."
Reflecting on her own singing, Tae-yeon stated "When singing, you need performing skills and a bit of imagination. You need to treasure the emotions, and to not deviate from the color of the song while pouring your heart into it."
Over the life of her career, Tae-yeon has released several songs for various television dramas and movies. Some of them are her solos, while others are in collaboration with her fellow Girls' Generation's bandmates and other SM artists.
In 2008, Tae-yeon released her first solo song "If" for the KBS2's drama Hong Gil Dong and "Can You Hear Me?" for the MBC's Beethoven Virus. The song "If" became popular on various online charts, around the same time Girls' Generation's Baby Baby was released, while "Can You Hear Me?" received the YEPP Popularity award at the 2008 Golden Disk Awards. Tae-yeon was also featured on Kangta's album Eternity, singing the song "7989". The two singers performed the song live on Mnet's M! Countdown on March 27.
In 2009, she released the song "It's Love", a duet with Sunny for the MBC's drama Heading to the Ground. The song did not only hit the number one spot in various music charts, but has also been hailed as the best soundtrack songs of the latter half of 2009. Subsequently, she participated in the song "S.E.O.U.L." (along with Super Junior and Girls' Generation) as an effort to promote tourism for the city of Seoul in South Korea.
In 2010, Tae-yeon released a duet song, "Like A Star", with her mentor The One as well as a solo song, "I Love You", for the SBS's drama Athena: Goddess of War. The latter song was released on December 13, hitting high rankings on some charts. During the same year, she also participated in "Cabi" (along with Girls' Generation and 2PM), a promotional song for the Korean water park Caribbean Bay.
In 2011, Tae-yeon had a duet, "Different" with Kim Bum-soo. The song reached number two on Gaon digital chart not long after it was released. Two years later, the two met again at a Kim Bum Soo's concert, for another duet "Man and Woman".
On March 28, 2012, Tae-yeon released the single "Missing You Like Crazy", for the MBC's melodrama The King 2 Hearts which became number 1 on all charts such as Melon, Naver, Mnet, Soribada, Bugs, Olleh and Daum, achieving an 'All Kill' on the online charts on the day of its release. Tae-yeon had previously declined the offer to sing this song for the drama due to her busy overseas schedules with Girls' Generation, but later took it up as she had made a promise with PD Lee Pil-ho, the producer of "Beethoven's Virus", for which Tae-yeon also sang the OST. PD Lee Pil-ho also stated that when he had first received the synopsis for "The King 2 Hearts", he had made special requests to only Tae-yeon, stating that she was the only singer who could sing the OST for the drama. In 2012, Tae-yeon also sang "Closer", for the SBS's dramaTo the Beautiful You starring by fellow label-mates Choi Minho (from SHINee) and Sulli (from f(x)). She then sang "And One" for SBS's drama 'That Winter, The Wind Blows', which was released on 13 March 2013. The OST debuted No.1 on the Billboard Korea K-pop Hot 100 chart.
On January 4, 2014, Tae-yeon used her Instagram to upload a link to a video of her singing a cover Justin Bieber's "Be Alright" on her personal YouTube channel. During the same year, she released "Love, That One Word" for SBS's drama You're All Surrounded, having the song reaching number two on Melon while topping other music charts as well.
Girls' Generation is a South Korean girl group formed by S.M. Entertainment in 2007. The girl group consists of 9 members: Tae-yeon (as leader), Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun.
Tae-yeon was selected as the leader of the group because she is the oldest member. This pressure caused her to sleepwalk for a period of time. During that time, Sooyoung spoke to the Korean media "While sleeping, Taeyeon solves math problems and greets somebody by herself... she also makes phone calls, it was scary." As Tae-yeon could not remember any of this, the members told her about these sleepwalking habits. Subsequently, Taeyeon confessed, "It's hard to give out instructions when most of the members are at the same age. I’m also a timid person...At night, during our “discussions”, the fellow members criticized me... Because of that, our group decided we wouldn’t have a leader." Despite this however, Tae-yeon still remains as Girls' Generation's true leader, but now all the members participate and she does not have to burden everything alone.
In 2013, Tae-yeon and Tiffany have a duet of their own called "Lost In Love" in the group's fourth Korean album I Got a Boy. The two performed the song live on Music Bank, Romantic Fantasy, as well as You Hee-yeol's Sketchbook.
Subgroup: TaeTiSeo (TTS)
Tae-yeon, Tiffany and Seohyun formed a subgroup called TaeTiSeo (TTS) in 2012, releasing their first mini-album titled Twinkle during the same year. The subgroup has a different musical direction and style concept from the 9-member Girls' Generation, placing their emphasis on each member's vocal ability while the latter group focusing more on the overall songs and uniformed group performances.
SM The Ballad
Being featured in SM the Ballad Vol. 2, she has a duet with Jonghyun for the title track "Breath" as well as a solo song named "Set Me Free". As an initial promotion, Taeyeon performed both songs live at the SM The Ballad Joint Recital on February 12, 2014. Subsequently, "Breath" was the only track in the album that was being promoted through various music programs in South Korea. It was also featured as a theme song of the Mnet's mini-drama Mimi.
In April 2008, Tae-yeon became a DJ on MBC Radio's Good Friend Radio, along with Super Junior's Kangin. After Kangnin left the show in April 2009, Tae-yeon continued on until April 2010. She gained the nickname "DJ Taengoo" while hosting the show.
On February 22, 2012, she was a MC for First Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards together with Joo Younghoon and also for 2012 Korean Music Wave in Bangkok which was held on April 7, 2012 together with Tiffany and Nichkhun. During the hosting of the "First Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards" show, Tae-yeon suffered a toe injury and was unable to receive the award with her members.
On May 7, 2010, she had her musical debut as the main female role in Midnight Sun, based on the Japanese novel "Taiyō no uta" by Aya Denkawa. The musical is about Kaoru Amane, a 17-year-old girl, who suffers from Xeroderma pigmentosum, which forbids her from going out during daytime. She keeps her hopes up by writing songs and singing every night at a train station. Tae-yeon received good press for her performance. Furthermore, she learned to play guitar for her musical performance.
Tae-yeon and her band mate Seohyun were cast as voice actors for the Korean dub of the 3D animation Despicable Me. Tae-yeon dubbed the voice of the character Margo, while Seohyun's role is Margo's younger sister Edith.
She was featured on MBC's reality-variety show We Got Married as part of the third rotation of couples; she was featured with comedian Jeong Hyeong-don. When this news was announced on January 7, 2009, it caused an uproar among South Korean netizens due to the 11-year age difference between the two.
Angel Price Music Festival Incident
In 2011, during a performance at the Angel Price Music Festival, a male audience trespassed and tried to pull Tae-yeon off the stage. Her bandmate, Sunny, reacted the fastest and intervened. The trespasser was subsequently stopped and apprehended by the host Oh Jung Tae and security staff. Tae-yeon was later praised for her calm and professional attitude as she continued the performance until it ended.
Coupang, the agency that handled the ticket sales for this event, could not avoid some negative criticism from the public, even after offering an apology as well as full tickets refund.
Soundtrack appearances and solo performances
|2004||You Bring Me Joy||"You Bring Me Joy"||04:05||Duet with The One, prior to debut.|
|2007||SBS - Thirty Thousand Miles in Search of My Son||"Touch the Sky"||03:49||With Jessica, Seohyun, Sunny and Tiffany|
|2008||KBS - Hong Gildong OST||"If"||04:25||Solo|
|"The Little Boat"||03:27||With Jessica, Seohyun, Sunny and Tiffany|
|MBC - Beethoven Virus OST||"Can You Hear Me?"||04:00||Solo|
|N/A||"Haptic Motion"||01:31||With Jessica, Seohyun and Sunny|
|Girls' Generation||"7989"||03:30||Duet with Kangta|
|2009||MBC - Heading to the Ground OST||"It's Love"||04:15||Duet with Sunny|
|"Motion"||04:06||With Jessica, Seohyun, Sunny and Tiffany|
|N/A||"S.E.O.U.L."||03:47||With Jessica, Seohyun, Sunny and Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Donghae and Leeteuk of Super Junior|
|N/A||"I Can't Bear Anymore (Bear Song)"||02:43||With Jessica, Seohyun and Sunny|
|2010||N/A||"Cabi Song"||03:19||With Jessica, Tiffany, Seohyun, Sunny, Yuri, Chansung, Junsu, Taecyeon|
|Like a Star||"Like a Star"||03:58||Duet with The One|
|SBS - Athena: Goddess of War OST||"I Love You"||03:23||Solo|
|My Friend Haechi||"Haechi Song" (해치송) ||03:26||With Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany and Seohyun|
|2011||Different||"Different"||04:23||Duet with Kim Bum-soo|
|2012||I AM. OST||"Dear My Family"||05:26||With SM Town|
|MBC - The King 2 Hearts OST||"Missing You Like Crazy"||03:36||Solo|
|SBS - To the Beautiful You OST||"Closer"||04:04||Solo|
|2013||SBS - That Winter, The Wind Blows OST||"And One"||04:15||Solo|
|"I Got a Boy"||"Lost In Love"||04:00||Duet with Tiffany|
|Mr. Go OST||"Bye"||04:32||Solo|
|2014||SM the Ballad Vol. 2 – Breath||"Breath"||04:37||Duet with Jonghyun|
|"Set Me Free"||04:21||Solo|
|JTBC Campaign Song||"Colorful"||02:20||Solo|
|SBS - You're All Surrounded||"Love, That One Word"||03:55||Solo|
|Make Your Move||"Cheap Creeper"||03:01||With Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany and Seohyun|
|Gaon||Billboard K-pop Hot 100|
|2010||"Like a Star" (with The One)||1||—||Digital Single|
|"I Love You"||2||—||SBS Athena: Goddess of War OST|
|2011||"Different" (with Kim Bum-soo)||2||—||Digital Single|
|2012||"Missing You Like Crazy"||2||2||MBC The King 2 Hearts OST|
|"Closer"||7||7||SBS To The Beautiful You OST|
|2013||"And One"||2||1||SBS That Winter, The Wind Blows OST|
|"Bye"||21||19||Mr. Go OST|
|2014||"Love, That One Word"||8||6||SBS You're All Surrounded OST|
|2010||Despicable Me||Margo (voice-over)||Korean version|
|2012||I AM. – SM Town Live World Tour in Madison Square Garden||Herself||Biographical film of SM Town|
|2013||Despicable Me 2||Margo (voice-over)||Korean version|
|2008||Unstoppable Marriage||KBS||Bulgwang-dong's Seven Princesses Gang||Cameo on Episode 64|
|2012||Salamander Guru and The Shadows||SBS||Tae-yeon||Cameo on Episode 3|
Reality and variety shows
|2008||Family Outing||SBS||Episode 13 & 14|
|2008-2014||Radio star||MBC||Episode 120, 256, 312|
|2009||We Got Married||Season 1; Episode 42–54|
|Infinite Challenge||Season 4; Episode 144|
|Happy Together||KBS||Season 3|
|2010||We Got Married||MBC||Season 2; Episode 40, 51, 52 & 69 (On stage)|
|2011-2013||Running Man||SBS||Episode 63 & 64, 112|
|2012||Invincible Youth 2||KBS2||Episode 22|
|2013||Strong Heart||SBS||Episode 165 & 166|
|Shinhwa Broadcast||JTBC||Guest on Episodes 47 and 48 along with Hyoyeon, Sunny, Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung|
|2014||Hidden Singer 3||JTBC||Contestant|
Award shows hosting
|2012||1st Gaon Charts K-Pop Awards||KBS||Host with Joo Young-hoon|
|2013||SBS Entertainment Awards||SBS||Presenter with Kim Sung-soo|
|2014||28th Golden Disk Awards||JTBC||Host with Tiffany and Oh Sang-jin|
Television shows hosting
|2012–2013||Show! Music Core||MBC||Host|
Music video appearances
|"Can You Hear Me Now"||Taeyeon||N/A|
|2009||"S.E.O.U.L."||Super Junior and Girls' Generation||Herself|
|2014||"Breath"||SM the Ballad||Herself|
|2010||Midnight Sun||Kaoru||Female lead|
|2008–2009||Chin Chin Radio||Co-DJ along with Kang In|
|2009–2010||Chin Chin Radio||DJ|
|2013||MBC SJ Shin Dong's Shim Shim Ta Pa||Guest DJ together with Tiffany (fill-in for Shindong)|
Aside from her endorsements alongside Girls' Generation, Taeyeon has also endorsed the following brands:
|2007||Gamevil Skipping Stone 3|
|2013||B-Ing Collagen||Until 2014|
|Nature Republic||Until 2014|
|2014||Mixxo||With Tiffany and Seohyun|
|2004||8th Annual Best Contest||Best Singer 1st Place & Grand Award||Won|
|2008||Cyworld Song of the Month : February||"If"||Won|
|2008 Mnet Asian Music Awards – Best OST||"If"||Won|
|23rd Golden Disk Awards||Yepp Popularity Award for "Can You Hear Me?"||Won|
|2009||Program Production||"Good Friend Radio (ChinChin)"||Won|
|2009 MBC Drama Awards (Radio Newcomer Award)||"Good Friend Radio (ChinChin)"||Won|
|2010||16th Republic of Korea Entertainment Arts Awards||Female Radio Award||Won|
|Yahoo Buzz! Award's Top Buzz Star : Female Category||Herself||Won|
|2011||The 5th Musical Awards||Best Newcomer||Nominated|
|2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards – Best OST||"I Love You"||Nominated|
|2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards – Song of the Year||"I Love You"||Nominated|
|2011 MelOn Music Awards – Best OST||"I Love You"||Nominated|
|2012||Seoul International Drama Awards 2012 – Best Song from a Series||"Missing You Like Crazy"||Won|
|2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards – Best OST||"Missing You Like Crazy"||Nominated|
- Note: Taeyeon plays guitar in the musical performance of Midnight Sun.
- (Korean) "뮤지컬 꼭 하고 싶었어요" 소녀시대 태연, playdb.co.kr. April 13, 2010. Retrieved May 13, 2010. (Interview)
- 台灣粉絲愛替韓國偶像正名，追出「少女時代」隊長太妍的漢字名「金泰耎」。 (in zh-tw). 爽報. 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- SNSD’s Taeyeon Has the Full Support of Her Brother Soompi.com (January 30, 2012). Retrieved on July 25, 2014.
- Girls' Generation's Memoirs (in Japanese). Japan: 蒼竜社(Souryuu Publishing). November 12, 2010. p. 72. ISBN 9784883863877. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- Taeyeon: "The Most Memorable Student From SM Academy" Soompi.com (October 14, 2010). Retrieved on July 1, 2014.
- Taeyeon featured in The One's 2nd album in 2004 (in Korean) Nocutnews.co.kr (March 19, 2008). Retrieved May 13, 2010.
- Girls' Generation's 7th member Taeyeon is revealed (in Korean) Newsen.com (July 13, 2007). Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- Taeyeon and "Midnight Sun" Musical (in Korean). Originally from Themusical.co.kr (May 2010). Archived on February 2, 2013. Retrieved on July 4, 2014
- Taeyeon's high school graduation & Lifetime Achievement Award (in Korean), Originally from Mydaily.co.kr (February 5, 2008). Archived on April 7, 2012. Retrieved on July 4, 2014.
- Producer of "Athena" OST laments Taeyeon's 'idol' status Allkpop.com (December 14, 2010). Retrieved on July 4, 2014.
- Jonghyun reveals he was jealous of Taeyeon's singing skills Allkpop.com (February 18, 2014). Retrieved on July 4, 2014.
- JYP wants to produce Taeyang and Taeyeon Allkpop.com (December 15, 2009). Retrieved on July 2, 2014.
- "The Music Interview (on PLAY Mnet's Official Youtube channel)" (in Korean). February 19, 2014. PLAY Mnet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9k7TRbbKEA. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Girls' Generation's Interview (in Japanese)". Anan magazine (Japan). December 2012.
- Hong Gil Dong OST (KBS TV Drama) YesAsia.com (March 27, 2012). Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- Beethoven Virus OST Special Edition (MBC TV Drama) YesAsia.com (January 21, 2009). Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- Girls' Generation's Taeyeon first solo song "If" gains popularity (in Korean) Newsen.com (January 30, 2008). Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- Girls' Generation's Taeyeon first solo song "If" gains popularity (in Korean) Originally from Mydaily.co.kr (March 3, 2008). Archived on March 7, 2008. Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- TVXQ, "Golden Disk" Main Award...Other Award-Popularity Award; Triple Crown King (in Korean). Originally from MyDaily.co.kr (December 10, 2008). Archived on March 8, 2012. Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- Heading to the Ground OST (MBC TV Drama) YesAsia.com (October 15, 2009). Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- Heading to the Ground OST Released Allkpop.com (October 14, 2009). Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- Girls' Generation and Super Junior's "Seoul Song" on SM Entertainment's Official YouTube Channel YouTube.com (July 7, 2011). Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- Taeyeon & The One – "Like A Star" music video, Yeinjee.com, November 19, 2010.
- Athena : Goddess of War OST (SBS TV Drama) YesAsia.com (February 11, 2011). Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- Taeyeon Releases "I Love You" MV Soompi.com (December 11, 2010). Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- Gaon Digital Chart for December 26, 2010 - January 1, 2011 Originally from Gaonchart.co.kr (January 2011). Archived on July 22, 2014. Retrieved on July 22, 2014.
- Gaon Mobile Chart for December 26, 2010 - January 1, 2011 Originally from Gaonchart.co.kr (January 2011). Archived on July 22, 2014. Retrieved on July 22, 2014.
- 2PM and SNSD release new version of Cabi Song MV Allkpop.com (May 26, 2010). Retrieved on August 27, 2012.
- Taeyeon and Kim Bum Soo’s Duet ‘Different’ released! Allkpop.com (January 30, 2011). Retrieved on August 27, 2012.
- Gaon Digital Chart for January 30, 2011 - February 5, 2011 Originally from Gaonchart.co.kr (February 2011). Archived on July 22, 2014. Retrieved on July 22, 2014.
- Taeyeon featured as a special guest at Kim Bum Soo's concert Allkpop.com (November 22, 2013). Retrieved on July 25, 2014.
- Updated: Taeyeon Performs ‘Missing You Like Crazy’ on ‘Show! Music Core’ Soshified.com (April 28, 2012). Retrieved on August 27, 2012.
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon to sing for ‘Wind Blows In Winter’ OST
- Korea K-Pop Hot 100 : Mar 30, 2013 | Billboard Chart Archive
- "🎁 http://youtu.be/e0p95yDYoCU". TaeYeon official Instagram account. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- “You’re All Surrounded” OST Tops Various Music Charts Soompi.com (June 2, 2014). Retrieved on July 30, 2014.
- "Girls' Generation Profile". SM Entertainment. Retrieved January 30, 2013.
- Girls' Generation's leader Taeyeon gets advice from Super Junior's leader Lee Teuk (in Korean) Newsen.com (August 1, 2007). Retrieved on July 20, 2014.
- "10 secrets of Girls' Generation". Jisin Magazine (in Japanese) (Japan). October 19, 2010.
- "Strong Heart Episode 11" (in Korean). Strong Heart. December 15, 2009. SBS.
- Taeyeon and Tiffany perform "Lost in Love" + Girls' Generation's "I Got A Boy" on 'Music Bank' Allkpop.com (January 11, 2013). Retrieved on July 22, 2014.
- Girls’ Generation Makes Their First Comeback Performances on “Romantic Fantasy” Soompi.com (January 1, 2013). Retrieved on July 22, 2014.
- Hyoyeon reveals she's only given one victory speech + Girls' Generation's performances on Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook Allkpop.com (January 20, 2013). Retrieved on July 22, 2014.
- You Hee-yeol's Sketchbook's "Lost in Love" Performance on SM Entertainment's Official YouTube Channel YouTube.com (January 22, 2013). Retrieved on July 22, 2014.
- "Girls Generation TTS -". SNSD Korean. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "Tiffany's Interview". Korea InStyle Magazine (August 2014). August 2014.
- More details including tracklist and participating artists for SM The Ballad's 2nd album 'Breath' revealed Allkpop.com (February 3, 2014). Retrieved on May 24, 2014.
- SM the Ballad’s Joint Recital for Second Album “Breath” Soompi.com (February 15, 2014). Retrieved on May 16, 2014.
- Music Core Comeback Stages by Sunmi, SM the Ballad, BTOB, Park Ji Yoon and More Soompi.com (February 22, 2014). Retrieved on June 19, 2014.
- Girls' Generation Dominates MBC The Korea Times (May 20, 2009). Retrieved May 13, 2010.
- Taeyeon is withdrawing from MBC Chinchin radio as a DJ News.nate.com (April 19, 2010). Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- (Korean) Official "WinWin" website
- Taeyeon and Seohyun to join Tiffany as new ‘Music Core’ MCs
- Taeyeon to MC at ‘First Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards’
- Taeyeon and Tiffany Set to MC at the 2012 Korean Music Wave in Bangkok
- Girls’ Generation member Taeyeon hosts the ‘Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards’ despite toe injury
- Hannah Kim: SNSD lead lands musical role, JoongAng Daily, March 18, 2010
- (Korean) (Taeyeon To Have A Musical Debut! Cast For Main Female Role). Newsen. March 15, 2010. Retrieved March 15, 2010.
- Park Sun-young: Girls' Generation singer makes theatrical debut, JoongAng Daily, May 12, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- (Korean) 소녀시대 태연-서현, 3D 애니 ‘슈퍼배드’ 목소리 캐스팅 (Girls' Generation's Tae-yeon and Seohyun cast as voice actors for 3D Animation), Newsen.com, May 17, 2010. Retrieved May 17, 2010
- (Korean) "재혼에 원조 교제 수준"…'우결' 정형돈-태연 결혼에 네티즌 시끌 ('"Second Marriage Follows First Relationship Standard"...We Got Married Jung Hyungdon—Taeyeon Wedding News Causes Netizen Uproar'. Chosun Ilbo. January 7, 2009. Retrieved April 27, 2009.
- SNSD’s Tae-yeon almost pulled off stage during performance Allkpop.com (April 17, 2011). Retrieved on June 20, 2014.
- Coupang releases apology for “Angel Price Music Festival”, will issue full refunds Allkpop.com (April 18, 2011). Retrieved on June 20, 2014.
- EXO's Baekhyun & Girls' Generation's Taeyeon reported to be dating + SM confirms it's true Allkpop.com (June 18, 2014). Retrieved on June 18, 2014.
- Nana, Taeyeon, Suzy and 11 Others in “100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2013″ List Soompi.com (December 24, 2013). Retrieved on July 22, 2014.
- The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2013 on TC Candler's Official YouTube Channel YouTube.com (December 23, 2013). Retrieved on July 22, 2014.
- "내친구 해치 (My Friend Haechi) [Original Soundtrack] – Single". iTunes US Apple. Retrieved 2013-03-10.
- "Gaon Chart Search" (in Korean). Gaon Chart.
- "Documentary Shows Top K-Pop Singers Behind the Scenes". Chosun Ilbo. 2 May 2012. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- Lee, Nancy (8 February 2013). "SNSD Members Say They Fought to Appear on Shinhwa Broadcast". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- (Korean) (영상)소녀시대 태연, 혼자서도 인기, nocutnews.co.kr. March 20, 2008. Retrieved May 13, 2010.
- MNet 20's Choice Award 2008 Winners
- Golden Disk Awards 2008 Winners List
- (Korean) 태연 “늦은 밤 나와 얘기나눠준 청취자에 감사” 라디오 신인상. Newsen. December 30, 2009. Retrieved December 30, 2009.
- Winners at the 16th Republic of Korea Entertainment Arts Awards Ceremony
- (Korean)  . Yahoo Buzz Awards.
- (Korean) 제5회 더 뮤지컬 어워즈, 조승우·차지연 품으로.The 5th Musical Awards Winners.
- Girls’ Generation Nominated for 5 Mnet Asian Music Awards
- (Korean) Prize winners at the Seoul Drama Awards 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kim Tae-yeon.|