|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
Tafresh hasprovided Iran with many notable figures such as poets, ministers, statesmen, scientists, calligraphers etc. Among them are Nizami Ganjavi, the greatest romantic epic poet in Persian literature. Some scholars believe that his ancestry from his father-side was in Tafresh. Others include Professor Mahmoud Hessaby, the father of modern physics in Iran, Ahmad Parsa, the father of Iranian botanics, Abbas Sahab, the father of Cartography science in Iran and Abdolkarim Qarib, the father of Iran's geology. Many famous Iranians were from Tafresh, Because of this, Tafresh has received the nickname "City of Iran's Fathers".
It is believed that in Sasanian times, Zoroastrianism was the state religion and was threatened by Islam, an army warrior called Delaram made a resistance force for the Zoroastrians in Tafresh. One of the villages in Tafresh was called Delaram after this army warrior, however after Islamic conquest of Persia, the name Teraran was given to it. Teraran means 'The Thieves' in Middle Persian.
Today there are still many remaining of Zoroastrian strongholds in and around the town, particularly on the summits of the surrounding mountains and hills also remaining of the Zoroastrians graveyards can be seen specially in Kaburan village near Tafresh.
Tafresh is made of many villages which are: Teraran, Kaburan, Kahak, Naqusan, Tad, Denigerd, Zaghar, Koukan, Dadmarz, Kouhin, Shahrab, Kohandan, Bazerjan, Ezedin, Sarabadan, Kherazan, Khanak, Ghaleh. Although many people live in Tafresh, its numbers are decreasing as many leave Tafresh to go to Tehran or other main cities of Iran. Some of the summer resorts around Tafresh are Teraran, Shahchenar and Naqusan. The Ab Garrau spa is a touristic place around Tafresh. Tourists of the villages usually visit them in the summer. The other village which is very close to Tafresh is Kahak. this village is located near the mountains and its name was originally Kohak. The people of this village have their own dialect named "Burbasa" derived from "Bura"(come ) and "Basowe"(go).
- Nizami Ganjavi, the greatest romantic epic poet in Persian literature,
- Shaykh Tabarsi, also known as Abu Ali Fadhl ibn Hasan Tabarsi, a Persian Shia scholar
- Mahmoud Hessaby, Pioneer of modern physics in Iran
- Abdollah Davami, from Tafresh, Iranian musician and singer of Iranian Traditional music.
- Forough Farrokhzad, Poet, Film Director.
- Ali Mansour, originally from Tafresh, former prime minister of Iran
- Fereydoun Farrokhzad, Singer, TV host
- Abbas Sahab, Pioneer of Cartography science in Iran.
- Mazaher Mosafa), Poet, Educator.
- Ali Mosafa, originally from Tafresh(Mazaher Mosafa'son),Movie Actor.
- Mehran Modiri, originally from Tafresh, director and actor.
- Ahmad Parsa, originally from Tafresh, famed Iranian botanist.
- Tafresh can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3086584" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- Nizami Ganjavi
- Talk:Nezami/Archive 4
- Shaykh Tabarsi
- Abdollah Davami
- Forough Farrokhzad
- fa:مظاهر مصفا
- fa:علی مصفا
- Ahmad Parsa
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Tafresh.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tafresh.|
- All about Tafresh
- Tafreshiha group on Facebook
- Tafresh university
- Azad University in Tafresh
- Payam Nour University in Tafresh