|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
|M. Y. Paramonov, CEO of the financial-industrial group Doninvest|
|Products||Automobiles and commercial vehicles|
Number of employees
On January 21, 2014, the company was declared bankrupt.
Construction of the Taganrog Automotive Plant began in Spring 1997, under license and technology of South Korean Daewoo Motors, and was fully financed by Doninvest Finance & Industry Group, with investment volumes surpassing US$260 million. In 1998, Doninvest launched pilot semi-knocked-down production of the Daewoo Lanos and Daewoo Nubira models.
From 1999 to 2002, the company assembled the Citroën Berlingo Mk I model under the name Orion M.
In 2010, TagAZ announced the construction of a third automotive manufacturing plant in Bangladesh, with an initial $2 billion investment. According to TagAZ officials, the decision to build cars in Bangladesh was made because of its low labour costs and the export advantages it enjoys with neighbouring countries and Europe. TagAZ had already purchased land in the Kishoreganj District and aimed to sell the first car assembled there by 2012.
The company currently has the capacity to simultaneously produce up to 20 different models at its facilities.
Owners and executives
TagAZ's owner is Russian entrepreneur M. Y. Paramonov, CEO of the financial-industrial Doninvest group. One-fifth of TagAZ shares are held by Sapor Invest Inc., Ikaria International Technologies Aktiengesellschaft, Pemberton Establishment, Asha Holding, and Dl Technologies GmbH.
The TagAZ factory at Taganrog covers an area of 60,000 m2 and is divided into 5 departments:
- Welding body shop
- Paint shop
- Assembly shop (4 lines)
- Electroplating shop
- Functional testing shop
The conveyor line is laid out vertically over four floors of the main plant building, with a network of elevators and lifts linking the different levels. Each level is equipped with a monorail as well as compact lifting and transporting equipment.
All completed vehicles undergo a road test on a track made up of varied road surfaces.
The current yearly production regime is 180,000 units of six different vehicle models.
- Vortex Estina, rebadged from the Chery A5
- Vortex Estina FL-C, rebadged from the Chery E5
- Vortex Corda, rebadged from the Chery Amulet
- Vortex Tingo, rebadged from the Chery Tiggo
- Tagaz Tager, rebadged from the SsangYong Korando
- Tagaz Road Partner, rebadged from the SsangYong Musso
- Tagaz C10, rebadged from the JAC Tojoy
- Tagaz C190, rebadged from the JAZ Rein
- Tagaz Aquila
- Tagaz Vega
- Tagaz Master
- Hyundai Accent LC
- Hyundai Sonata EF
- Hyundai Porter III
- Hyundai Elantra XD
- Hyundai Santa Fe SM
- Hyundai County
- For 9 months.
- История Донинвест — официальная история марки автомобиля (in Russian).
- "Taganrog Automobile Assembly Plant TAGAZ".
- "Tagaz team looks into technicalities before setting up car plant".
- "Tagaz Korea plans $2b investment in Bangladesh".
- "South Korean company to manufacture cars in Bangladesh".
- Official website (Dead link)