Tahir Rafique Butt
|Tahir Rafique Butt|
|Service/branch||Pakistan Air Force|
|Years of service||6 March 1977 -|
|Rank||Air chief marshal|
|Commands held||PAF Base Mianwali
Chief of Air Staff
|Battles/wars||War in North-West Pakistan|
Air chief marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, is Current chief of Pakistan Air Force. He was appointed Chief of Air Staff in place of Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman on 7 March 2012 by the President of Pakistan. He formally assumed the charge on 19 March 2012. Before being appointed chief he was serving as Vice Chief of Air Staff since 5 October 2010. His other appointments include Deputy Chief of Air Staff at Air Headquarters and commanding an operational base.
Tahir Rafique Butt was commissioned in Pakistan Air Force on 6 March 1977 as a General Duty Pilot (GD(P)). Among several appointments some important positions include Flying Instructor, Squadron Commander, Officer Commander Flying Wing, Base Commander (PAF Base Mianwali), Air Officer Commanding (Regional Command), Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Personnel), Vice Chief of Air Staff. He has also served as head of the National Accountability Bureau Khyber Pakhtunkhwa chapter.
- "Air Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt appointed as new Air Chief". The News Tribe. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Tahir Rafique Butt appointed Air Chief". The News. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Change of command: Air Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt to be new air chief". The Express Tribune. 29 February 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "PM recommends Tahir Rafiq Butt as new air chief". Pakistan Today. 29 February 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- PAF's Chiefs of the Air Staff
- Video: Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt takes over as new Chief of the Air Staff, PAF - March 19, 2012
Rao Qamar Suleman
|Chief of Air Staff
2012 – present