Tai Solarin University of Education
The university was named after the Nigerian educational administrator and human rights activist Tai Solarin (1922–1994). It is the second university approved in Ogun State, and the 76th approved university in Nigeria. It was proclaimed a full-fledged university by the former governor of Ogun state, His Excellency Otunba Gbenga Daniel on 29 January 2005. The former Tai Solarin College of Education was approved by the Nigerian Universities Commission in 2005 as a university after a thorough analysis and appraisal of its facilities' academic brief.
- Professor Olukayode Oyesiku was its first vice chancellor (he succeeded the provost. Dr. Philips Olasunkanmi Tella and Yinusa Oyeneye),
The four colleges in the university includes
- COllege of Applied Education and Vocational Technology (COAEVOT)
- College of Science and Information Technology (COSIT)
- College of Social and Management Sciences (COSMAS)
- College of Humanities (COHUM)
Campus and hostels
The school have halls and auditoriums such as the Otunba Gbenga Daniel Auditorium, university (e-learning) block, Alex O. Onabanjo Complex, CEPEP building, the Science Complex, and the Lecture Theatre. The university have halls of residence (hostels) for students. Students slso resides in hostels. built by the residents of the local communities. Students of this school resides in local communities such as Ijagun, Ijele, Imaweje and Ijebu Ode.
|This article on a Nigerian institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|