From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A tail number refers to an identification number painted on an aircraft, frequently on the tail.
Tail numbers can represent:
- An aircraft registration number (civil aviation)
- United States military aircraft serials
- United Kingdom military aircraft serials
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Hull number
- Pennant number
- Tail code, which is not a unique identifier
- Fin flash, also called Tail flash
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tail number.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.