Tainted blood scandal (United Kingdom)
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2010)|
Contaminated blood was given to many thousands of people in the United Kingdom during the 1970s and 1980s.
The Independent Inquiry into Contaminated Blood and Blood Products, chaired by Baron Archer of Sandwell, aimed to uncover the causes of the events that led to thousands of infections and deaths. Lord Robert Winston described it as "the worst treatment disaster in the history of the National Health Service".
- Sam Marsden (23 February 2009). "Delays Led to Thousands Receiving Contaminated Blood". The Independent. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- PA News (2008-10-09). "Haemophilia grant protest at Lords". Channel 4.
- http://www.archercbbp.com/ The Archer Independent Public Inquiry
- http://wwww.taintedblood.info/ Help Group for those affected and infected by Contaminated Blood & Blood Products
- http://www.haemophilia.org.uk/ The UK Haemophilia Society
- http://www.youtube.com/CampaignTB Video, News and Documentary Archive
- http://www.manorhousegroup.co.uk A group for those infected with Hepatitis C, through Contaminated Blood and Blood Products
- http://www.cbcuk.org.uk A campaign group fighting for justice and offering moral support for the victims especially 80% of the HCV victims who are excluded from ongoing support from the government