Taiwan Water Corporation
|Founded||1 April 1973|
|Headquarters||North District, Taichung, Republic of China|
|Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen, Lienchiang|
|Juan Kang-meng (Chairperson)
Hu Nan-tzer (President)
|Parent||Ministry of Economic Affairs|
The Taiwan Water Corporation (TWC; Chinese: 台灣自來水公司; pinyin: Táiwān Zìláishuǐ Gōngsī) is a state-owned water utility providing water supply to Taiwan and offshore islands of Republic of China. The company is headquartered at North District, Taichung.
In 1972, President Chiang Ching-kuo gave an instruction for Taiwan to set up a water corporation at a provincial level to effectively develop public water supply system. In 1973, the Taiwan Provincial Government set up a preparatory office for Taiwan Water Corporation.
Former chairman Hsu Hsiang-kun was arrested on bribery and corruption charges in September 2007, and indicted in August 2014. Hsu had contracted Kintech Technology Company to expand two water purification facilities in 2002. The project deadline was extended twice to November 2003 and March 2005. Hsu then accepted NT$5 million to grant Kintech a third extension to September 2007, by which time the project was completed.
- Department of Planning
- Department of Public Works
- Department of Water Supply
- Department of Business
- Department of Finance
- Department of Materials
- Department of Water Quality
- Department of Industrial Safety and Environment Protection
- Department of Information Management
- Department of General Affairs
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Human Resources
- Department of Civil Service Ethics
- Water Loss Management Center
- Bidding Center
- Keelung City
- Taoyuan City
- Hsinchu County and Miaoli County
- Taichung City and Nantou County
- Yunlin County and Chiayi County
- Tainan City
- Kaohsiung City, Pingtung County and Penghu County
- Yilan County
- Hualien County
- Taitung County
- Changhua County
- New Taipei City
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taiwan Water Corporation.|
- "About Us". Water.gov.tw. Retrieved 2014-04-21.
- "Taiwan Water chairman Hsu, four others arrested". Taipei Times. 8 September 2007. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- Chen, Sophia; Kao, Evelyn (1 September 2014). "Taiwan Water Corp. ex-chairman indicted on corruption charges". Central News Agency. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- Chen, Ted (2 September 2014). "Taichung prosecutors indict ex-TWC chair for bribery". China Post. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
|This article about a Taiwanese corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|