|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,169.56 km2 (451.57 sq mi)|
|• Density||920/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Taixing (simplified Chinese: 泰兴; traditional Chinese: 泰興; pinyin: Tàixīng) is a county-level city under the administration of Taizhou, Jiangsu province, China. It is located in the Yangtze River Delta, bordering the prefecture-level cities of Nantong to the east, Changzhou to the southwest, and Zhenjiang to the west. It is a newly developed coastal industrial city. The area of Taxing is 1253 square kilometres and the population is 1.29 million.
It has a history of more than one thousand years and it has been named as Home of Ginkgo, Home of Construction, and Home of Education. It has been awarded the title of Chinese Star City, and Chinese Top 100 Cities In Comprehensive Forces.
- Zhong’anlun Monument, to the victims of a ferry disaster
- Google, Inc. "Taixing". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Taixing,+Taizhou,+Jiangsufirstname.lastname@example.org,120.02896,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x35b6a92a0b409c37:0x5bb1b337019b7f9. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Taizhou Statistical Yearbook 2012/《泰州统计年鉴2012》.(Chinese) Accessed 9 July 2014.
- China 2010 Census County-by-county Statistics/《中国2010年人口普查分县资料》.(Chinese) Accessed 9 July 2014.
- "About Taixing". Retrieved 2007-11-12.
- Taixing City English Guide (Jiangsu.net)