|Type||Kabushiki kaisha (TYO: 6976)|
|Founded||March 23, 1950, by Hikohachi Sato|
|Key people||Yoshiro Kanzaki: President and CEO
Mitsugu Kawada: Honorary Chairman
Circuit modules (for Power supply, High frequency)
Recordable optical media
Ceramic chip antennas, filters, baluns
Multilayer piezoelectric speakers
|Revenue||¥186,539 million JPY (2006)|
|Employees||19,656 (March 31, 2006)|
|Subsidiaries||That's Fukushima Co., Ltd.
START Lab Inc.
Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd. (太陽誘電株式会社 Taiyō Yūden Kabushiki-gaisha , translated as Sun Dielectric Co., Ltd.) is a Japanese materials and electronics company, situated in Ueno, Taito, Tokyo, that helped pioneer recordable CD technology (CD-R) along with Sony and Philips in 1988. Founded 60 years ago, Taiyo Yuden currently operates factories in Japan, Singapore, Korea, China, the Philippines, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Thailand. The company employs over ten thousand people worldwide and reports annual sales of more than $1 billion.
That's branded Audio tape, known as Triad in North America, was introduced to the market in 1982.
Since 1985, Taiyo Yuden has annually published Needs & Seeds (Taiyo Yuden Technical Report, ISSN 0911-5439).
In October 1988, the world's first CD-R was made by Taiyo Yuden and presented to the public under the brand name That's CD-R, however development had already begun as early as in summer 1985.
In 2008, Taiyo Yuden became a subsidiary of Victor Advanced Media, a division of the Japan Victor Corporation.
- Bluetooth modules
- CCFL Inverters
- Ferrite Beads
- High Frequency Multilayer Chip Antenna
- High Frequency Multilayer Chip Filter
- Inductors (multilayer, wire-wound chip, axial/radial leaded)
- Power Supplies (now redirected to Tamura Corp.)
- Recording media (made by That's Fukushima for START Lab)
- Simulation Tools
- Piezoelectric speakers
Recording media 
Taiyo Yuden's cakeboxes usually have a special form and a printed shrinkwrap foil (unlike other manufacturers using transparent shrinkwrap and a printed paper cylinder). The inner rings of the CD-R products are frosted.
Taiyo Yuden branded products are not common outside of Japan (where Taiyo Yuden media has a market share of about 60%) but unbranded CDs and DVDs are available from some online retailers. Rebranded Taiyo Yuden media can be found under Fujifilm, Fusion, Maxell (Maxell Music CD-R, Maxell CD-R Pro, and Maxell CD-R Music Pro (discontinued)), Miflop, Panasonic, Plextor, Sony (Sony Music CD-R (discontinued 2008)), TDK, and Verbatim Corporation brands. In Japan, Korea and Greece, Taiyo Yuden is distributing its own brand "That's".
DVD media manufactured by Taiyo Yuden has the following media codes:
|media code||hub stamper code|
|TAIYOYUDEN: 2× DVD-R||GBxxxxxx|
|TYG01: 4× DVD-R||GDxxxxxx|
|TYG02: 8× DVD-R||GGxxxxxx|
|TYG03: 16× DVD-R||GHxxxxxx|
|TYG11: 8× DVD-R DL||BGxxxxxx*|
|YUDEN000 T01: 4× DVD+R||TCxxxxxx or TSxxxxxx|
|YUDEN000 T02: 8× DVD+R||TGxxxxxx|
|YUDEN000 T03: 16× DVD+R||THxxxxxx|
|* Considered incompatible with burners using outdated firmware|
Infosmart of Hong Kong, Optodisc of Taiwan, and other manufacturers from Hong Kong, Macau, and China have been making discs which illegitimately use Taiyo Yuden's mediacodes and are prone to degradation and data loss. If those discs do not have one of these hub codes, they are most likely fakes and should be used with caution.
The following companies belong to the Taiyo Yuden group:
- Taiyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., inorganic chemicals
- Chuki Seiki Co., Ltd., electronics
- Tsukiyono Denshi Co., Ltd.
- Akagi Electronics Co., Ltd., manufacturing services
- Taiyo Fukushi Co., Ltd.
- START Lab Inc. (49.9% joint venture with Sony Corporation), distribution of That's brand optical media
- That's Fukushima Co., Ltd., manufacturing optical (CD-R, DVD+R, DVD-R DL, BD-R LTH) media in Date, Fukushima
- S.E.T. Co., Ltd.
- Sun Vertex Co., Ltd.
- Kankyo Assist Co., Ltd., polycarbonate recycling
China (Mainland) 
- Dongguan Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd.
- Taiyo Yuden (Guangdong) Co., Ltd.
- Taiyo Yuden (Shanghai) Trading Co., Ltd.
- Taiyo Yuden (Tianjin) Electronics Co., Ltd., part of Korea Tong Yang Yujun Co., Ltd.
- Taiyo Yuden Europe GmbH
Hong Kong 
- Hong Kong Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd.
- Korea Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd., production of circuitry products (inverters for LCD panels, battery protection modules for mobile devices, high-density surface mount boards)
- Korea Tong Yang Yujun Co., Ltd., production of conventional capacitors and inductors
- Korea Kyong Nam Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd., production of multilayer capacitors
- Taiyo Yuden (Malaysia) SDN. BHD.
- Taiyo Yuden (Sarawak) Sdn. Bhd.
- Taiyo Yuden (Philippines) Inc.
Established in 1988 and located at the MEPZ 1 industrial hub at Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu. Primarily pioneered the assembly and mass production of several semiconductors for various companies namely Sony, Nokia, Panasonic, Matsushita Electronics, Seagate, etc.
- Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd. Manila Representative Office
- Taiyo Yuden (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Taiwan Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd.
- Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd. Bangkok Representative Office
- Taiyo Yuden (U.S.A.) Inc.
- TRDA Inc. (Taiyo Yuden R&D Center of America), R&D on Bluetooth technology
- Corporate Profile-TAIYO YUDEN Co.,Ltd
- (Eng.)Needs & Seeds
- WORLD PC EXPO 2000会場レポート
- New Straits Times, 22 October 1992
- kg_evilboy (2 May 2006). "The Taiyo Yuden FAQ Version 1.04". Club MyCE. Retrieved 21 December 2010.
- Victor Advance Media global site
- Taiyo Yuden's corporate website
- Taiyo Yuden U.S.A.'s corporate website
- Taiyo Yuden Europe GmbH website
- Taiyo Yuden Korea distributor
- Taiyo Yuden Greece distributor
- Taiyo Yuden Czech distributor
- Taiyo Yuden Canada