||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
2 June 1978 |
Busselton, Western Australia, Australia
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
|Best year||1999 & 2007 – 2nd in ASP World Tour Ranking|
|Sponsors||Billabong, Lost Surfboards, Von Zipper, Globe|
|Stance||Natural (regular) foot|
In 1998 he qualified for the ASP World Tour at 18-years-old, becoming the youngest surfer to do so at the time. Burrow had already earned a place on the world tour a year earlier, but he turned it down stating that, as a 17-year-old, he was "too young to do the tour full-on".[dead link] After his first year on tour in 1998, Burrow claimed the ASP World Tour Rookie of the Year award after finishing 12th place in the rankings.[dead link]
In 2007 Burrow won the Rip Curl Pro at Bells Beach, Victoria, Australia. He backed this up with a victory at the 2007 Billabong Pro in Jeffrey's Bay, South Africa, where he claimed the title over the then 8-time world champion, Kelly Slater. This win helped to secure his 2nd place ranking on the ASP Men's Tour, his second runner-up season placing.
ASP Tour Wins
In 2003 Burrow released a book entitled Taj Burrow's Book of Hot Surfing, and has also produced a series of his own surf videos: Sabotaj (2000), Montaj (2002) and Taj Burrow's Fair Bits (2005).
- Warshaw, Matt (2003). The Encyclopedia of Surfing. Harcourt. p. 94.
- "Team - Taj Burrow". Billabong US. Billabong International Ltd. September 2013. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Surf With Taj[dead link]
- Fuel TV Profile[dead link]
- "Surfer Profile: Taj Burrow". ASP World Tour. The Association of Surfing Professionals. September 2013. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Margie McDonald (13 April 2007). "Burrow last man standing to ring bell". The Australian. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- AAP (16 December 2009). "Pushing our Burrow". Herald Sun. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Taj Burrow Wins The 2013 Hurley Pro". Surfing Magazine. GrindMedia, LLC. 18 September 2013. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Taj Burrow's Book of Hot Surfing
- 23-Jan-2009 Surf Europe article 'Taj re-signs with Globe Shoes', retrieved 24-Oct-2011
- Simon Barratt (January 2010). "Taj’s Small Fries grommet event set to roll in Yallingup". Surfers Village. Retrieved 24 September 2013.