Taj International Airport
The Union government was not keen on clearing the project because it was too close to the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) in Delhi. It was designed to serve the people of Uttar Pradesh and eastern Haryana to export flowers and other agri-goods from the Taj Special Economic Zone to markets in the Middle East and Europe.
The techno-feasibility report
The Central government cleared the techno-feasibility report for setting up the Taj International Airport and Aviation Hub in April 2003, It was to be constructed and operated by the year 2007-08. The new international airport, about 72 km from Indira Gandhi International Airport at Delhi, would be built at an approximate cost of Rs 5000 crore (Rs 50 billion) on an area Airbus a380.
Originally the project supposed to come up at Jewar village near Greater Noida, near the Yamuna Expressway. This site was within 72 kilometres of Indira Gandhi International Airport(IGI), Delhi. Its operators, the GMR Group had protested against plans for another international airport within 150 kilometres of the existing Delhi airport, claiming that it would impact traffic and revenue generation. GMR has right of first refusal (RoFR) on new airport within 150 kilometres of the existing Delhi airport. The RoFR was to ensure that GMR gets preference in bidding for the Greater Noida airport in case its bid is within 10% of the highest bidder. Thus this site was cancelled. Now it is proposed at Hirangaon, near Tundla Tehsil of Firozabad district. as the previous location was in radius of 150 km.
- In 2013 June, the Uttar Pradesh Government finalized on Kurikupa near Hirangaon, Tundla in Firozabad district as site for the proposed airport.
- In 2014 January, Defence Ministry raised some objects to the proposed site near Tundla.
- November 2014: As per Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, the state government allocated land near Etmadpur for the proposed airport. 
- Kanpur International Airport
- Lucknow International Airport
- Varanasi International Airport
- Kanpur Airport
- Allahabad Airport
- Raebareli Airport
- "New initiatives". Greater Noida Authority.
- Project status as on 9-April-2008
- Project status as on 8-May-2009
- Project status as on 27-Dec-2009
- Project status as on 02-Mar-2010
- Project status as on 13-Mar-2010