Takasi Tokioka (時岡 隆 Tokioka Takashi?, 1913 – September 30, 2001) was a Japanese zoologist. He published over 200 scientific articles on marine animals such as chaetognaths, ctenophores, and tunicates. He was Professor of Zoology at Kyoto University working at the Seto Marine Biological Laboratory in Shirahama, Japan. From 1975-1977, he was the Director of SMBL.
At least a dozen species are named in his honor, including these below.
- Acartia tokiokai Mori, 1942 - Copepoda
- Atlanta tokiokai van der Spoel & Troost, 1972 - Heteropoda
- Bolivina tokiokai Uchio, 1962 - Formanifera
- Eudistoma tokiokai Nishikawa, 1990 - Ascidiacea
- Euchromadora tokiokai Wieser, 1955 - Nematoda
- Krohnittella tokiokai Bieri, 1974 - Chaetognatha
- Ophiocentrus tokiokai Irimura, 1981 - Ophiuroidea
- Polycarpa tokiokai Monniot & Monniot, 1996 - Ascidiacea
- Styela tokiokai Nishikawa, 1991 - Ascidiacea
- Nishikawa, T. 2001. Obituary of Dr. Takasi Tokioka. Ascidian News. 50:2-3. http://nsm.fullerton.edu/%7Elamberts/ascidian/an50.html
- Biographical Etymology of Marine Organism Names http://www.tmbl.gu.se/libdb/taxon/personetymol/petymol.tu.html
|This article about a Japanese scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a zoologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|