Take a Little Ride
|"Take a Little Ride"|
|Single by Jason Aldean|
|from the album Night Train|
|Released||July 16, 2012|
|Jason Aldean singles chronology|
"Take a Little Ride" is the title of a song written by Dylan Altman, Rodney Clawson, and Jim McCormick and recorded by American country music artist Jason Aldean. It was released on July 16, 2012, as the lead single from his fifth studio album Night Train.
The song "Take a Little Ride" revolves around the happenings of a man getting off work, and going to pick up his love interest that night to take her out for a drive in his Chevy truck. It is in the key of A major with a chord pattern of E-G-D-A.
Eight days after the song's release, Broken Bow Records released a re-recording of the song, in which the line "a little Shiner Bock" is changed to "a couple Rocky Tops", in reference to Coors beer. This re-recording was done because Aldean had signed an endorsement deal with Coors.
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave "Take a Little Ride" a four-star review, praising the song's "colorful" and "welcoming" verses, and stating how "ballads like 'Laughed Until We Cried' balance rockers like 'She's Country,' but he’s at his best on songs that find the sweet middle". It received three out of five stars from Jessica Nicholson of Country Weekly, who thought that the lyrics were "a little generic" but said that the "in-your-face production and signature Southern rock groove combine to make this unmistakably Jason's."
Matt Bjorke of Roughstock gave the song a four-star review, saying that Aldean was "relaxed, confident, and deliver[ed] a song that fits exactly what we've come to expect from a superstar."
"Take a Little Ride" debuted at number 19 on the Billboard Country Songs chart for the week of August 4, 2012. It also debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 chart at number 12, and the Canadian Hot 100 chart at number 22 the same week, Aldean's highest debut in Canada thus far. The song also made history on Country Digital Songs, moving 189,000 downloads during the tracking week ending July 22, marking the biggest opening week by a male artist. On the country chart dated October 6, 2012, "Take a Little Ride" became his eighth number-one single. The song has sold over a million digital downloads as of January 2013.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||22|
|US Billboard Hot 100||12|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||88|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||31|
by Hunter Hayes
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
October 6–13, 2012
"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
by Taylor Swift
|New chart||Billboard Country Airplay
October 20, 2012
by Carrie Underwood
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "JASON'S NEW SINGLE "TAKE A LITTLE RIDE" HITS RADIO & ITUNES TODAY!". Jason Aldean. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "'Take a Little Ride' sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- Hampp, Andrew (24 July 2012). "Jason Aldean Changes New Single's Lyric From 'Shiner Bock' to 'Rocky Tops' for Coors Endorsement". Billboard. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "Jason Aldean, "Take a Little Ride' - Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- Paxman, Bob (August 20, 2012). "Story Behind the Song". Country Weekly 19 (34): 50–51. ISSN 1074-3235.
- / "Jason Aldean, "Take a Little Ride' - Song Review". Roughtstock. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "CMT : Videos : Jason Aldean : Take a Little Ride". Country Music Television. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- Paul Grein (January 9, 2013). "Week Ending Jan. 6, 2013: The First Top 10 Hit of 2013". Chart Watch (Yahoo Music). Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- "Jason Aldean Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Jason Aldean. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Jason Aldean Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Jason Aldean. Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- "Jason Aldean Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Country Airplay for Jason Aldean. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- "Jason Aldean Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Jason Aldean. Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- "Best of 2012 - Hot 100 Songs". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "Best of 2012: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- "American single certifications – Jason Aldean – Take a Little Ride". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 22 September 2012. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH