|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Municipality Chairman||Somnath Mukhopadhaya |
|Elevation||5 m (16 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Basirhat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Basirhat Dakshin|
Taki has a good District Library and a College. Taki Government College is a prominent feature of Taki. Taki Government High School, Taki S. L. Girls High School and Taki Bhabanath High School are among the oldest and renowned schools of this town. Taki also has a branch of Ram Krishna Mission School with Hostel facilities.
Taki is known for its sweets called "Chhanar Malpoa".
Taki also is a prominent place for Kali Puja or Diwali festival. Taki is famous for Durga Puja. Bijaya Dashami at the Ichamati river in the international border between India and Bangladesh is specially renowned.
As of 2001[update] India census, Taki had a population of 37,302. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Taki has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 61%. In Taki, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Independent India's first law minister Ashok Sen, hailed from Taki.
Taki is the home of General Shankar Roychoudhury.
View from Taki Guest House. The shores of Bangladesh is visible on the other side of Ichamati River
- Official District Administration site
- District-wise list of statutory towns
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Taki
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2007-08-24.
|Bijoya Dashami 2011 on the Ichhamati at Taki|