|Takoma Park, MD
|Type||Private, 9-12 College Preparatory|
|Number of students||approx. 227|
|Athletics||Basketball, Volleyball, Track, Soccer, Football|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, Maryland State Board of Education, and Board of Regents, Office of Education, General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists|
|Newspaper||Paw Prints|
|Yearbook||The Takoman|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Takoma Academy is a parochial, co-educational high school located in Takoma Park, Maryland operated by the Potomac Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. It is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world's second largest Christian school system. 
Takoma Academy began in 1904 as part of the Washington Training Institute (now Washington Adventist University. It became an independent institute in 1932 and moved to its current location in 1952. J.P. Laurence was principal from 1947–1980 and led the school to accreditation by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
The required curriculum includes classes in the following subject areas: Religion, English, Oral Communications, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, Physical Education, Health, Computer Applications, Fine Arts, and Electives.
All students take religion classes each year that they are enrolled. These classes cover topics in biblical history and Christian and denominational doctrines. Instructors in other disciplines also begin each class period with prayer or a short devotional thought, many which encourage student input. Weekly, the entire student body gathers together in the auditorium for an hour-long chapel service. Outside the classrooms there is year-round spiritually oriented programming that relies on student involvement.
- Leonard Bailey - Surgeon
- Tony Skinn - National Basketball Association (NBA) Player for Orlando Magic summer league team
- Ted Wilson - President of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
- Thomas N. Bailey - Man of the Year, General Practitioner of Steez, Referred to, in hushed tones, as "The Man", "The First Man They Look For and the Last They Want To Meet."
- Mecca J. Parker (the First) - Follow him on the Twit, the Gram, and the Vine @mec424.
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary and elementary schools
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Washington Adventist University
- ta.edu Takoma Academy's Official Website
- The Commonweal Foundation - Provider of scholarships to low income students at Takoma Academy
- http://www.taalumni.org/ Takoma Academy Alumni Association, Inc. - TAAA ) - TAAA is a year-round service-oriented association that serves Takoma Academy alumnus, current students & faculty and the surrounding community.
- "Commission on Secondary Schools". Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Retrieved October 9, 2010.
- http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1115/For-real-education-reform-take-a-cue-from-the-Adventists"the second largest Christian school system in the world has been steadily outperforming the national average – across all demographics."
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (April 1, 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- The Journal of True Education" Vol. 16 No. 5 June 1954.
- James Coffin. "Leonard Bailey; Exclusive Interview Leonard Bailey Tells His Story". Adventist Review".
- James Peters. "Pro basketball: The Skinn’s game". Gazette".