Talarn Dam is a concrete gravity dam on the Noguera Pallaresa River, a tributary of the Ebro River, north of Tremp near Lleida in Catalonia, Spain. The dam is 206 meters long and 82 meters high and supplies a hydro-electric station with an output of 30,000 kW.
Construction of the dam began in 1913, a huge undertaking needing ten million cubic feet of concrete. It was part of a larger project to build dams to store water in reservoirs to feed powerplants and to provide irrigation for farming.
- "Embalse des Talarn". Retrieved 2007-02-01.
- "Pearson, Frederick Stark". Canadian Biography Online. Retrieved 2007-02-01.
- The National Hydrological Plan
- A vertiginous voyage in canoe through Noguera-Pallaresa’s River
- Technical characteristics and capacity - Inland basins
- Dam Basics
|This article about a location in Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|