Tales from the Nightside
Dust-jacket illustration, Nightmare in Red, by Michael Whelan for Tales from the Nightside
|Author||Charles L. Grant|
|Cover artist||Michael Whelan|
|Genre||Fantasy, Horror short stories|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Pages||xii, 228 pp|
|LC Class||PS3557.R265 T3|
Tales from the Nightside is a collection of stories by author Charles L. Grant. It was released in 1981 and was the author's first book by Arkham House and was published in an edition of 4,121 copies. The book cover has been featured on Thrash Metal band Sepultura album Beneath the Remains
Tales from the Nightside contains the following stories:
- "Foreword", by Stephen King
- Tales from Oxrun Station
- "Coin of the Realm"
- "Old Friends"
- "If Damon Comes"
- "A Night of Dark Intent"
- Tales from Hawthorne Street
- "The Gentle Passing of a Hand"
- "When All the Children Call My Name"
- "Needle Song"
- "Something There Is"
- Tales from the Nightside
- "Come Dance With Me on My Pony's Grave"
- "The Three of Tens"
- "From All the Fields of Hail and Fire"
- "The Key to English"
- "White Wolf Calling"
- London: Futura, 1988.
- New York: Tor, 1990.
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. p. 126. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 54.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 147. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 127. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.