Tales of an Ancient Empire
|Tales of an Ancient Empire|
|Directed by||Albert Pyun|
|Produced by||Nicholas Celozzi
Sazzy Lee Calhoun
|Written by||Cynthia Curnan|
|Music by||Anthony Riparetti|
Queen Ma’at finds her kingdom of Abelar under attack when treasure seekers accidentally open the tomb of vampire queen Xia. The Queen sends her half-sister, Princess Tanis, to the outlaw city of Douras to find her real father so he can save the kingdom. Meanwhile, servant girl Kara who shares the same father as Tanis, but her mother is Xia and discovers she (Xia) is really a vampire and begins hunting Tanis. Once in Douras, the Princess finds her half-brother Aedan and convinces him to help her. Together they locate half-sister Malia, another half-sister Rajan and her daughter Alana. With this small group they plan to thwart vampire queen Xia.
- Kevin Sorbo as Aedan
- Michael Paré as Oda
- Whitney Able as Xia
- Melissa Ordway as Princess Tanis
- Sarah Ann Schultz as Malia
- Janelle Giumarra as Rajan
- Inbar Lavi as Alana
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom as Queen Ma'at
- Ralf Moeller as General Hafez
- Matthew Willig as Giant Iberian
- Victoria Maurette as Kara
- Lee Horsley as Talon
- Sasha Mitchell as Rodrigo
The sequel was originally announced in the end credits of The Sword and the Sorcerer. The production officially beginning with the writing of the script in November 2007. Principal photography was completed in California. According to Pyun, actors considered for the film included Yancy Butler, Kari Wuhrer, Mark Dacascos, Val Kilmer, Steven Seagal, Olivier Gruner, and Christopher Lambert.
The film had its official North American premiere at the Fright Night Film Fest during July 2010 in Louisville, Kentucky. The film was released in the United States by Lionsgate in January 2012.
- "The Tale behind the making of Tales of an Ancient Empire". pyun.com. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "Tales of an Ancient Empire to Debut at Fright Night Film Fest". dreadcentral.com. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "Tales of an Ancient Empire (2010)". amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-01-31.