|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
Map of Sulu with Talipao highlighted
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|District||1st district of Sulu|
|• Mayor||Sitti Raya Tulawie|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
The municipality of Talipao derived its name from a certain couple, “Tal” and “Pao”, that of the husband’s and wife’s name respectively.
From the district of Jolo, it was transformed into a full-pledged municipality on July 1, 1957, under the provision of the Department of Mindanao and Sulu Administrative Code.
The Municipality of Talipao’s total area coverage is approximately 38,057.00 hectares.[dubious ] This constitute more or less 20.63% of Sulu’s total land area. It is bounded on the north by the municipality of Patikul; on the south by Sulu Sea; on the east by the municipality of Panglima Estino; and by the municipality of Maimbung on its west side.
The municipality of Talipao lies right in the mid portion of Jolo island with its Barangay Poblacion basically situated in the innermost central part of the municipality. From the capital town of Jolo, Talipao is connected with concrete-type national road which is approximately 22.8 kilometres (14.2 mi) away from the Sulu Provincial Capitol Complex.
- Bilaan (Pob.)
- Bud Bunga
- Kabatuhan Bilaan
- Kabatuhan Tiis
- Liu-Bud Pantao
- Lower Binuang
- Lower Kamuntayan
- Lower Laus
- Lower Sinumaan
- Lower Talipao
- Lumping Pigih Daho
- Talipao Proper
- Upper Binuang
- Upper Kamuntayan
- Upper Laus
- Upper Sinumaan
- Upper Talipao
|Population census of Talipao|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System