Talk:10 Things I Hate About You
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Ummmmmm, why didn't we actually show what the title is referencing?
- 2 Delete what?
- 3 Patrick's Accusations
- 4 Ron Livingston
- 5 (Revert uncommented deletion of (apparently) valid information
- 6 Title?
- 7 Based on Shakespeare?
- 8 Reception
- 9 More information has been added
- 10 Warren East High School
- 11 Hold on, wait a minute
- 12 Hilarious new behind the scenes of 10 Things I Hate About You!!!
- 13 Dead link
Ummmmmm, why didn't we actually show what the title is referencing?
I have searched around, and I have realized that Kate's variation of Sonnet 141 is nowhere to be found! I believe that we should add it, as it is a stong tie with the title of the movie. It also is something that many people would be intersted in knowing. P.S. There is no way that this isn't based off of Shakespeare, so whoever wrote that at the bottem...I'm trying to find a nice way to put this... why don't you watch the movie, before you comment? You don't seem to be able to show any evidence it isn't, and yet we are meant to simply agree with you, because you said it? I don't think so, sorry!
I object to its deletion. The article is much longer and better done than many movie articles, though could use some work. It is illustrated. And it is the film that made Julia Stiles, whose article is a FA, a star. There's no reason to delete this. PedanticallySpeaking 16:12, 14 November 2005 (UTC)
- The person who added the tag seemed to be talking about this "talk" page rather than the article page itself. But now that the talk page is no longer blank, their originally-proposed criterion for deletion no longer applies so I've deleted the "delete" tag. :-)
- Atlant 16:43, 14 November 2005 (UTC)
Isn't the opening sentence "is considered by most parents as innapropriate and immature." unverifiable? Don't we need to cite some source more reliable than "most parents"?? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ezra802 (talk • contribs) 02:49, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
Some of the dialog in this section just seems to repeat the list at the top, instead of providing Patrick's reaction. Any problem with deleting those, while leaving the last 2 there? Pnkrockr 15:23, 15 December 2005 (UTC)
Why is Ron Livingston in the cast? He never played in the movie, not even in the deleted scenes... DTE 13:48, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
(Revert uncommented deletion of (apparently) valid information
I made a comment above this one... please stop reverting my change when you don't comment yourself on it. Nobody responded so I changed it... DTE 23:19, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
- Next time, please supply an audit trail comment, for example "Removing Ron Livingston; see 'talk'". That helps to avoid this sort of confusion. (I'm not suggesting you're a vandal, but) one of the most common techniques used by vandals is to simply come along and delete a swath out of an article with no comment at all so such uncommented deletions often get reverted "just cause". You may also want to create a minimal user page so your username turns blue rather than red.
- Atlant 23:36, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
What is up with the lowercase "about"? The Wikipedia:Naming conventions (films) goes with leaving it capitalized (long preposition) and it looks better as "About". I would think that media (press and studios) would use the capitalized version. --- Jagged 20:17, 22 October 2006 (UTC)
- Looking at the movie poster shown in the article, it would seem that the entire title is un-capitalized, with the exception of the word "I"--Raguleader 08:18, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
Based on Shakespeare?
I know it's been said so many times but claiming this is based on Shrew is ridiculous. If that's true all you need is a bitchy bitch and an insistent suitor and you have Shrew. It's like saying It Could Happen to You is based on a true story. It's like saying Rocky is based on Hamlet.
- Did you take a look at the names? Not only of people, but also of places. And the outcome? And the entire plot in general? Chickenflicker-♣ 00:09, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
10 Things... and The Hand that Rocks the Cradle homes are not in the same neighborhood.
I live in North Tacoma, and these homes are not considered to be in the same neighborhood at all. The 10 Things... house is I believe on or around Junett Street, probably North Junett because it's on the hill. The Hand that Rocks the Cradle home is on South 8th and Yakima--my childhood friend lived next door. Looking at a map, even, shows that the areas aren't really connected.
22.214.171.124 05:16, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
More information has been added
I have recently added more information, and for some reason people think they can go into the article and revise or add statements in there. People please do not write any comments in the article, if you want to write a comment do write it in here, this is why it's called discussion page. --Flavallee (talk) 07:20, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
Warren East High School
* The high school marching band which plays during the outdoor stadium scene was actually the Warren East High School from Kentucky Marching band, which is a rival school to Stadium High School.
This used to read "...Lincoln High School Marching band...", but was changed by a single-edit user. I suspect it was a test edit that was never corrected. As a graduate of Stadium High, I've never heard of Warren East High School. Why would Stadium have a rival from half-way across the country?
Lincoln HS makes more sense, but I can't find any confirmation. Since this bit of trivia isn't really related to "Filming locations" anyway, I'm deleting it until it can be sourced and properly integrated. --Chops (talk) 23:28, 23 January 2008 (UTC)
Hold on, wait a minute
See, even though this is discussion about "10 things I Hate About You", I personally think we should take the time to remember Heath Ledger and what he did for the film industry. Just for one moment, stop the bickering and take the time to remember one of Hollywood's brightest, upcoming star.
Hilarious new behind the scenes of 10 Things I Hate About You!!!
Brand new video of the behind the scenes of 10 Things I Hate About You!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ma2O8WvEv4 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rugratnat14 (talk • contribs) 17:50, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!