Talk:111 Huntington Avenue
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
"Robot building" or "R2-D2 building"
I have removed the part that claimed the building is "(commonly known as 'The Robot Tower')". I reside on Huntington Ave near the Prud, and have for years, and I've never heard it called that by anyone else in the local area.
- I'm removing the statement that its appearance
- has given rise to the nickname "R2-D2 Building"
- for the same reason. Some quick Google searches don't turn up any references other than this Wikipedia article itself.
- For what it's worth, on a visit to the Prudential Skywalk, an acquaintance of mine, seeing the tower and its spines for the first time, said "that reminds me of a male cat's penis." Dpbsmith (talk) 14:00, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
A Boston Globe opinion piece by Alex Beam from 12/18/2006, refers to the "R2D2 building, also known as 111 Huntington Ave ." http://www.boston.com/ae/media/articles/2006/12/18/wrecking_ball_tolls_for_city_hall/ 126.96.36.199 19:17, 18 May 2007 (UTC)
- Just to chime in a little late, I've readded R2D2 as a unofficial name. I've seen numerous hits on google for "R2D2 building Boston", and the Globe article anon mentions. The name is used enough to warrant mention. It also lets readers know they're in the right place when they get to this article (R2-D2 building redirects here).--Loodog (talk) 15:37, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
I don't really know how Wikipedia operates... but it seems like one user is controlling this article. (see above) Is this typical? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 04:55, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
WikiProject class rating
This article was automatically assessed because at least one WikiProject had rated the article as stub, and the rating on other projects was brought up to Stub class. BetacommandBot 13:58, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
Confusion with the Pru Complex
111 itself does not have a parking garage for 3,660 cars, the Prudential Center Complex does. There are some confused facts between the two in this article. It might be because the source blurs the line a little. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:38, 30 January 2011 (UTC)