Talk:2006 Lebanon War
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the 2006 Lebanon War article.|
|2006 Lebanon War was one of the Warfare good articles, but it has been removed from the list. There are suggestions below for improving the article to meet the good article criteria. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|A fact from this article was featured on Wikipedia's Main Page in the On this day... section on August 14, 2009, August 14, 2010, and August 14, 2013.|
|WARNING: ACTIVE ARBITRATION REMEDIES
The article 2006 Lebanon War, along with other articles relating to the Arab–Israeli conflict, is currently subject to active arbitration remedies, as laid out during a 2008 Arbitration case, and supplemented by community consensus in November 2010. The current restrictions are:
|This article and its editors are subject to Wikipedia general sanctions.
See discretionary sanctions for details
Links from this article with broken #section links (check):
|This topic contains controversial issues, some of which have reached a consensus for approach and neutrality, and some of which may be disputed. Before making any potentially controversial changes to the article, please carefully read the discussion-page dialogue to see if the issue has been raised before, and ensure that your edit meets all of Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. Please also ensure you use an accurate and concise edit summary.|
"2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict" archives:
"2006 Lebanon War" archives:
|Threads older than 90 days may be archived by.|
Hezbollah Claim is only 38 causalities
Hezbollah Claim is only 38 causalities There is the Source from Official Hezbollah News Agency http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/catpage.php?frid=46 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 07:27, 15 October 2013 (UTC)
- The list you refer to is not comprehensive and not even unique to the 2006 war. It includes bomber Ahmad Qassir who destroyed the IDF Tyre HQ in 1982. It is just a sample of especially noteworthy heroes.
- A more comprehensive list can be found in the HA affiliated Bint Jbeil website: [Martyrs of Truthful Promise (4 pages)] and: [Martyrs of Bint Jbeil] There are some individuals with multiple entries and some entries with multiple individuals. It is also unclear whether we should include the six martyrs from the HA-affiliated Islamic Health Society (الهيئة الصحية الاسلامية). Hence I can give no precise number but I would estimate that there are at least 140 unique named and pictured Hizbullah combatants who died in the 2006 war. Note however that neither this list make any claim to be comprehensive. HA deputy Qomati repeatedly declared that around 250 HA fighters were killed in the war.
- I will remove your mistaken edits and add sources. You have already violated the 1RR rule once. Don’t repeat it.
That's the only official claim from Hezbollah http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/catpage.php?frid=46 Come from only official No exist place when said Hezbollah said they lost 250, so you talk about "Hezbollah Claim" who no exist — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:21, 15 October 2013 (UTC)
- This is what the Associated Press source cited says:
- "The latest Lebanese and AP counts include 250 Hezbollah fighters that the group's leaders now say died during Israel's intense air, ground and sea bombardments in Lebanon -- more than triple the 70 they acknowledged during the war."
- That is enough for this article to say that Hezbollah claimed that 250 fighters died per the WP:V policy. Sean.hoyland - talk 18:20, 15 October 2013 (UTC)
Can we finally throw out the Somalis?
There is a paragraph about 720 Somalis travelling to Lebanon to fight alongside Hizbullah. 2006_Lebanon_War#Hezbollah_action The organizer is said to have been Aden Hashi Farah, the future founder of the al-Shabaab movement. Why would an Sunni Salafist al-Qaeda militant from Somalia fight side by side with Hizbullah? As if he didn't have more pressing problems at home. And why would Shiite Hizbullah agree to such support? And how was it possible for 720 Somalis to sneak out of Somalia, travel the seas and sneak into Lebanon without anybody seeing or suspecting anything. Not the Israelis and not the Lebanese. Or anybody else.
The story is so silly. Nobody believes it. It is just an embarrassment to Wikipedia.
Will anybody object if I just delete it?
- A leaked, not published(?) report. Rumours should not be mentioned. --Wickey-nl (talk) 16:56, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
Two Israel Soldiers captured were Released
Here is a Interview with one from the Soldiers who was captured by HA and was released http://www.jerusalemonline.com/israel-news/archive/28.07.2012-news-from-israel — Preceding unsigned comment added by LogFTW (talk • contribs) 21:57, 3 December 2013 (UTC)
- That interview was with a "survivor of the attack" i.e. not either of the two who were kidnapped (Eldad Regev and Udi Goldwasser).--William Thweatt TalkContribs 05:18, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
This is the video from the captured of these IDF soldiers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQ2d0IiwNo and this news agency from Israel is a interview by one of two soldiers who were captured alive by HA inside the Military vehicle http://www.jerusalemonline.com/israel-news/archive/28.07.2012-news-from-israel — Preceding unsigned comment added by LogFTW (talk • contribs) 05:53, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
- Firstly, the youtube video is just a video of the combat, not proof of life. Secondly, the interview is not "by one of the two soldiers who were captured", the article says the interview is with a "survivor of the attack". The interview also speaks of "the widow" of one of the two kidnapped soldiers which implies the soldier has been killed (hence, widow).--William Thweatt TalkContribs 06:09, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
The interview from this Soldier in 2012 http://www.jerusalemonline.com/israel-news/archive/28.07.2012-news-from-israel is the same person who got the attack by HA in the video attack from 2006 on border, I think the confusion is from 4 guys inside the military vehicle - 2 soldiers got killed but 2 were captured and at least one was released HA Just take the bodies from others two.
The Report from Israel TV News Said "One of the soldiers who survived the attack and Wash The video" He mean this video( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQ2d0IiwNo )
It's not enough evidence at least one from the two was released ?
A radical proposal
Let's remove all so-called "supporters" from the infobox. This was a war between Israel and Hezbollah, and if we are to include everyone who somehow contributed to the war, we would have dozens of small militias on the Lebanese side. Let's keep it simple and correct. Anyone agree/disagree? --Mikrobølgeovn (talk) 10:14, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
The infobox currently reads "Several hundreds" for Hezbollah Strength. Seems dubious, also considering previously the article mentioned thousands. The references are a random unnotable news article that doesn't say much anyway, and a book that's inaccessible online. Anyone has better references or info? 126.96.36.199 (talk) 12:49, 17 June 2014 (UTC)