Talk:2008 Weng'an riot
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the 2008 Weng'an riot article.|
|A news item involving 2008 Weng'an riot was featured on Wikipedia's main page in the In the news section on 2 July 2008.|
|WikiProject China||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
||It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality.
Wikipedians in China may be able to help!
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
REMOVED Youtube videos
Just a question: Is it Wikipedia policy to not link to Youtube videos? Why were these removed? An explanation would be good. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:06, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- Please read edit summaries before breaching WP:Attack for calling a user "idiot" for removing Youtube videos - which are not to be linked to Wikipedia per WP:V and WP:Reliable. --haha169 (talk) 21:44, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
I read from pheonix and qq news in Chinese that the suspects were 2 teenage male and 1 teenage female, and they were Li Shufen's friends. Don't change it back to 3 male. That piece of news is outdated. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:53, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
http://english.sina.com/china/1/2008/0703/169906.html <=- pointing more officers retired after the case 22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:54, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
http://www.scmp.com/portal/site/SCMP/menuitem.2af62ecb329d3d7733492d9253a0a0a0/?vgnextoid=500d00d4efeea110VgnVCM100000360a0a0aRCRD&ss=China&s=News I just noticed the link for the source for "The girl's father Li Xiuzhong did not accept the autopsy findings. He said "There is nothing I can do, they have sent 10 officials to my home, watching me day and night. They told me what to say when the reporters interviewed me. They threatened me that [if I said anything wrong], then another riot can happen and I must bear in mind that national security is at stake."" doesn't work anymore. It just lead to "The requested resource () is not available." Original Voyager (talk) 20:45, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
- Is there. Do a search for the article title "Corruption cited in Guizhou girl's death; 4 officials sacked". They put some articles in the archive. Benjwong (talk) 16:27, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
If the victim was born in July 1991, she would have been sixteen years old (and not 17) at the time of her death. I changed it to 16, but it was changed back; is this because the age should be the age she would be now if she was alive, or do people just suck at math? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 03:41, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- It's possible that people suck at math, but it wouldn't be Wikipedia's user's fault. We just follow what the cite says. Find a cite that explicitly states that she was 16 at the time of her death; then change it. --haha169 (talk) 04:37, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
Please discuss on talk page
@user:User:Badagnani, all my contribution I can provide reliable source, regardinf the poor English, I can improve too, give me time. This Li Shufen case was a very clear case of government cover up of local murder and is the beginning of Online mass incident. talk 16:17, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- Your contribution will be greatly welcomed and valued if the language is not POV, the material is sourced, and the English is good. We are an encyclopedia and including unsourced/POV/poor English undermines our credibility as an encyclopedia. Badagnani (talk) 16:22, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- The source is no problem, give me time and I shall provide all the reliable source. Regarding the POV language I can fix them too. English sentence I can improve too, there is no problem, as long as we include most of the facts backed by reliable source. Put it this way, there are too many gaps need to be filled up, in order to present a better clearer picture. talk 16:34, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you; please keep in mind that only documented facts, and not innuendo on blogs, may be integrated into this encyclopedic article. Badagnani (talk) 17:26, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
A picture tells a thousand words
There is no need to remove all those non-free fair use images, as they help to inform readers of what actually happened on that day. Unless your are working for the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China Central Committee and you are trying to censor wikipedia, which is a very silly thing to do. talk 16:44, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- To slip past Internet censors, some bloggers have started writing backward.
- Tianya, the go-to Web forum in China for discussion of social injustices.....the editors were scrubbing out posts about Weng’an, Tianya groupies were masking their posts under oblique headers
- Through his cellphone, he frequently posted snippets to Twitter, a public instant-messaging feed that delivers information more quickly than censors can block it.
- Police wants to squash rape and violence charges since a son of a local provincial government is be involved. Police wants to cremate the body but her parents want an autopsy performed and are keeping the coffin under guard day and night. A provincial Public Security Bureau named Zhou visited the girl’s parents with 9,000 yuan as compensation money, 3,000 paid by each suspect.
- One of the parents said a police officer threatened them, telling them: “Don't even try to file a lawsuit; there's no justice in this world.”
@user Badagnani, like I have said before, there is no problem of citing reference. About POV, I shall try my best . The article at the moment is extremely biased towards the communist government, which need to be balanced. Point of views from all sides need to be included.
- Please do not accuse other editors of censorship! Many of the edits to the text were unacceptably POV, thus it seems discussion is needed to indicate the veracity of the photos before adding them to the article. Badagnani (talk) 17:25, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
Many reference links should not have been removed summarily, without prior discussion. They should have been substituted with live versions or archived versions of the same articles. This takes time and effort. Please engage in it before deleting many references. Badagnani (talk) 02:22, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- Just to remind you, those links I removed were dead links. talk 05:02, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
Again, dead links should be substituted with live versions or archived versions of the same articles. This takes time and effort. It's very important that you please engage in it before deleting many references. Badagnani (talk) 15:14, 21 June 2009 (UTC)