Name of Base 26
According to what makes sense to me, the most logical term for base 26 is sexvigesimal, a term combining sex-, the Latin numerical prefix for 6, with vigesimal. However, someone created an article for base 26 called hexavigesimal, which mixes a Greek numerical prefix with a Latin root. Any opinions?? 126.96.36.199 02:29, 9 Dec 2004 (UTC)
The reason I used the term hexavigesimal is that it seemed to follow logically from the term hexadecimal and hexavigesimal returned a result from Google, while sexvigesimal did not.
26 - square/cube
Do we have a proof that 26 is the only number between a square and a cube? i believe there is a proof due to euler but can;t find it.
- I found some proof here: http://abstractnonsense.wordpress.com/2006/08/28/algebraic-number-theory/188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:56, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
- A more rigorous proof is here: http://blog.cr0.org/2009/04/26.html --Roentgenium111 (talk) 11:51, 16 April 2010 (UTC)
Does anyone know why on this game show I'm watching, people shout "BOO-YAH!" when #26 is selected. Is this a pop culture thing that should perhaps be included?
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!
- In IC 1337 on 2011-04-23 17:08:25, Socket Error: 'getaddrinfo failed'
- In IC 1337 on 2011-04-24 04:34:10, Socket Error: 'getaddrinfo failed'
- In 10 (number) on 2011-05-23 02:06:58, Socket Error: 'getaddrinfo failed'
- In 10 (number) on 2011-05-31 22:27:07, Socket Error: 'getaddrinfo failed'
- In 11 (number) on 2011-06-01 02:53:15, Socket Error: 'getaddrinfo failed'
- In 138 (number) on 2011-06-01 14:55:19, Socket Error: 'getaddrinfo failed'
- In 26 (number) on 2011-06-19 05:45:43, Socket Error: 'getaddrinfo failed'