Talk:2 Squadron SAAF
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
End date for Korea
I note the end date for 2 Squadron's involvement in Korea is given as 30 April 1952. This is not correct. I would think 30 April 1953 is more accurate but have no references. — [Unsigned comment added by Redfredc (talk • contribs).]
- Thanks for spotting it. It was a typo that somehow missed our attention and was actually contradicted by the article itself. — Impi 23:08, 29 July 2007 (UTC)`
South Africa's Flying Cheetahs in Korea by Dermot Moore and Peter Bagshaw (Ashanti) is probably the best history of 2Sqn SAAF. The above dates are incorrect. Last sortie 27th of July 1953. Last personel left for Japan between the 5th and 6th of October 1953 after flying with the USAAF 18th Fighter Bomber Wing.
Suggestions for improvement
I have just completed the B class checklist and believe that the article could be improved by addressing the following issues:
- referencing: the article requires in line citations for B class status;
- coverage: the article does not adequately cover the squadron's history, e.g. the History section begins in Korea in the 1950s when the Background section and infobox both show that the squadron served during WWII also. Thus the history section should begin with by outlining when the squadron was formed and go from there;
- structure: the Background section is not necessary - the information in it should be included in both the introduction and the history section, however; and
- supporting materials: whilst this criteria has been met, the article could still be improved by including some images.
You may find this useful http://scientiamilitaria.journals.ac.za/pub/article/view/689/693 Gbawden (talk) 11:48, 10 October 2012 (UTC)