Talk:49th Annual Grammy Awards
|WikiProject Awards and prizes / Grammy||(Rated List-class)|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the 49th Annual Grammy Awards article.|
- 1 Alextwa
- 2 Host
- 3 Nominees
- 4 Police
- 5 Bob Willis
- 6 Watch requested
- 7 Umm...
- 8 New comments about this article
- 9 Title of article
- 10 Requested move
- 11 Rap, World, and Alternative
- 12 Dead link
- 13 Move discussion in progress
Aside from inexplicably reverting my typo and formatting fixes, Alextwa (talk · contribs) has decided to reinsert speculation about who may or may not win Grammy Awards next year. This is a strict violation of Wikipedia policy. Extraordinary Machine 14:47, 5 September 2006 (UTC)
can we find a citation for stephen colbert as host? i can't find one anywhere but here and his page, which says he is "rumored to be the host" —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs).
Why can't someone just list the nominees here for the time being? Not everyone can access a Yahoo! page... restrictions and what not.
RMThompson 21:59, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
It has been said that the Police are reuniting to perform at the Grammy's. Shouldn't that be notable enough to warrent mention here, considering they haven't been together in about 25+ years. Kaiser matias 23:40, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for clearing that up. --Soetermans 09:24, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
A look through the recent edits has indicated that several editors (some showing anon IP addresses) have vandalized certain parts of this article, and I suppose it had much to do with the Dixie Chicks' five wins last night. Yes, I understand that their big night was unpopular with many people, but this is not the forum to vent our disapproval. This is an article simply about who won what awards, and the fact is the Dixie Chicks won. To that end, to discourage further vandalism, I wonder if it might be a good idea to watch this page and possibly consider at least semi-protection? Thanks! [[Briguy52748 23:11, 12 February 2007 (UTC)]]
Happened again. I suggest a temporary lock.
New comments about this article
A few points to make here, which I'll cover at once:
- 1. This page now needs protecting. I had reverted an edit to remove nonsense about Communism, which has nothing to do the 2007 Grammys. There was also an unsourced statement I removed alleging bribery, which has no merit without a source.
- 2. Should the process of voting be moved to the main Grammy Awards page? The process has not significantly changed from year to year, so I see no reason to include the process in this article (or in other Grammy Awards of x-year articles either, if it is included).
For your consideration. [[Briguy52748 16:59, 14 February 2007 (UTC)]]
- I would agree. - Patricknoddy 19:41, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
- Patricknoddy — You'd agree that this page should be protected, or the process moved to the general Grammy Awards page? Just want to see where specifically you stand. [[Briguy52748 03:21, 16 February 2007 (UTC)]]
- Both. - Patricknoddy 12:32, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
- In reviewing at the most recent vandalism-related edits, they've gotten more vicious (primarily against the Dixie Chicks) and I strongly urge someone now (perhaps an administrator) to protect this page. apparently, people aren't getting the message that this is not a forum to voice opinions about the Dixie Chicks, but rather to present the facts. Thanks! [[Briguy52748 03:24, 16 February 2007 (UTC)]]
Title of article
Why is this article not on 49th Annual Grammy Awards? - Patricknoddy 19:42, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
- It appears this article's title is consistent with the other Grammy Award event pages (e.g., Grammy Awards of 1985). My guess is that it is easier for users to look up a Grammy Awards event by year, rather than the number of the event (e.g., 49th Annual). There is a redirect for users who type "49th Annual Grammy Awards" to this page. Hope this helps! [[Briguy52748 03:20, 16 February 2007 (UTC)]]
Rap, World, and Alternative
- Many nominations are listed at Nominees_for_Grammy_Awards_of_2007 with the winners highlighted. I'm guessing there was an agreement for such a convention; I myself have no idea. Xiner (talk, email) 22:10, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!
- In Daydream (Mariah Carey album) on 2011-03-17 00:17:34, 404 Not Found
- In DecembeRadio on 2011-03-17 05:16:29, 404 Not Found
- In Ensemble 96 on 2011-03-18 06:30:50, 404 Not Found
- In Every Day Is Exactly the Same on 2011-03-18 11:31:13, 404 Not Found
- In Eyes of the Insane on 2011-03-18 12:34:40, 404 Not Found
- In James Blunt on 2011-05-01 22:52:18, 404 Not Found
- In Jennifer Nettles on 2011-05-07 18:38:07, 404 Not Found
- In Jimmy Carter bibliography on 2011-05-10 22:25:45, 404 Not Found
- In 49th Grammy Awards nominees and winners on 2011-06-19 14:06:22, 404 Not Found
Move discussion in progress
There is a move discussion in progress on Talk:2012 Grammy Awards which affects this page. Please participate on that page and not in this talk page section. Thank you. —RMCD bot 10:00, 31 October 2012 (UTC)