|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Aalst, Belgium article.|
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Belgium||(Rated Start-class)|
There should be a disambiguation here betweeb Aalst in Belgium and Aalst in the Netherlands (next to Eindhoven). I post that here since I don't yet know how to do that myself.
- Done. — Vildricianus 16:33, 1 February 2006 (UTC)
I'd like to point out that the building in the picture is not the "town hall" but the belfry (Dutch: belfort) of Aalst. The town hall (Dutch: stadhuis) is situated about 20 m to the right of this building. I had changed this to "belfry" earlier, but someone restored the mistake.isidora
The article currently asserts that Aalst is 19 miles NW of Brussels. But Encyclopedia Britannica claims the true distance is 15 miles/24 kilometers. Who's right? --Gwern (contribs) 17:29 17 December 2006 (GMT)
I came here looking for info on which language is spoken in Aalst. Flemish, Walloon, dutch, french, German? I am going to have to look elsewhere i suppose. This made me wonder why the sidebox doesn't have a 'language' section? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:53, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
- Flemish is a regional form of Dutch, and the official language of all Flemish municipalities is Dutch (although a small number also have French as official language). So the official language in Aalst is Dutch, the colloquial, everyday form is Flemish, and then there's also a purely local dialect. Fram (talk) 15:02, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
In Aalst are different schools situated.
- Stedelijke Freinetschool De Notelaar
- Sint-Vincentius Gesubs Vrije Oefenschool
- Vrije R. Steinerschool Aalst en Vestigingen
- Gesubsidieerde Vrije Basisschool De Linde
- De Speelplaneet
- De Luchtballon
- Don Bosco Blo
- Koninklijk Technisch Atheneum "de ledebaan"
- Koninklijk Technisch Atheneum 1
- Koninklijk Lyceum
- Koninklijk Atheneum
- Vrij Technisch Instituut
- St-Augustinusinstituut Verpleegkunde
- Stedelijke basisschool De Regenboog — Preceding unsigned comment added by Karootje (talk • contribs) 13:39, 1 January 2015 (UTC)