Why revert the following?
- Famous things that have been abolished,one main issue was slavery
- Things that are a topic of debate over their possible abolition:
Things that are a topic of debate over their possible abolition
They sound more like long sentences than concise proper headings to me. I didn't see these cases mentioned in the Manual. --Menchi 07:35 2 Jul 2003 (UTC)
- That does look horrible the way I left it; I went too fast that time. It does follow the manual of style for headings, though. *grin* I'm going to poke around a bit and see if there's anything in the style guide that's more suited to this article. - Hephaestos 07:50 2 Jul 2003 (UTC)
- Hopefully that'll work better. - Hephaestos 07:55 2 Jul 2003 (UTC)
When and where has it been proposed to abolish "Suffering"? Celcius 10:39, 31 March 2006 (UTC)
- www.hedweb.com —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 00:55, 28 February 2007 (UTC).
The classification in this article is bizarre, unless you take a US-centric point of view. For example, slavery has not been abolished world-wide, nor has alcohol (?). The death penalty has been abolished in many countries and is not really under debate. All Western countries have abolished the death penalty apart from the United States. This article needs a POV overhaul - it does not reflect an international POV. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:48, 31 August 2007 (UTC) diddy j roc lil cris kayshaad jj maken a krump group so cum and check them out www.e.o.ncrew.com —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 15:53, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
Meaningless opening sentence
The article's current opening sentence (if it is a real sentence) is utterly meaningless:
Abolition is the act of making an existing legal practice, by making it illegal, or simply no longer letting it exist
Laurel Bush (talk) 14:23, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- Agree: This disambig page really needs to be cleaned up, it's not supposed to be a page for differing opinions. I placed the disambig-cleanup template on the page. Any help is appreciated! --Funandtrvl (talk) 07:21, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
I'm making some attempts to turn this into a dab page, which it was nothing like (see MOS:DAB or other dabs). This pg should only be listing articles where someone may type in just the word 'abolition' and expect to arrive at that topic. It is not to be a list of all things some people may want abolished. Boleyn2 (talk) 09:59, 8 April 2009 (UTC)