|Acamprosate was one of the Natural sciences good articles, but it has been removed from the list. There are suggestions below for improving the article to meet the good article criteria. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|Ideal sources for Wikipedia's medical content are defined in the guideline Wikipedia:Identifying reliable sources (medicine) and are typically review articles. Here are links to possibly useful sources of information about Acamprosate.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Should there be a section on structural/chemical similarities to taurine? I know it might seem unwarranted, but the effects are nearly identical: GabaA activation, neuroprotection (both excitotoxic and ischemic). Although taurine has more widespread effects, I think it should be brought up that they have very similar receptor activation. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:02, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
Comment on GA nomination
Nice to find you here, MessedRocker.
I've made some improvements. Also, I suggest removing the table with the study outcomes. It's generally not a good idea to discuss individual studies in too great detail in encyclopedia articles.--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 15:42, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
- A bit later, but I would echo the suggestion to remove the study table, for the same reason. It's too much detail on a single study. Instead I'd recommend a short prose summary of the findings. delldot on a public computer talk 02:40, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
Looking good - any reason why the references are in the "notes" section, and that there is only one real "reference"? Dr Aaron 10:55, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
- Good question. Anyways, it was redundant, so I removed it. ★MESSEDROCKER★ 11:50, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
- I think this article is up there for GA status - I'm going away for a few days, but if it hasn't been reviewed by the time I get back, I'll take another look at it. All the best, Dr Aaron 22:54, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
Hi, I suffer from tinnitus and found out some information about Acamprosate while looking for information on the internet. I know nothing about drugs and haven't a medical or pharmacological(?) background. Can someone with the appropriate knowledge check out the information ? It might be worth mentionning (or maybe not). externallink. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:02, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
- There are clinical trials preparing to begin at OHSU--or have all ready begun--under William Martin, PhD.  Cole (talk) 17:04, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
Better to have a structure image without explict CH2s?
- They're at Wikipedia:WikiProject Chemistry/Structure drawing. Fvasconcellos (t·c) 00:27, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
This article was nominated for good article reassessment to determine whether or not it met the good article criteria and so can be listed as a good article. The article was delisted. Please see the archived discussion for further information. Geometry guy 23:13, 24 February 2008 (UTC)
Rating Start class
Without anything on contraindications and interactions, very little on side effects, no kinetics, and practically no chemistry, this is far from B class. I'm rating it Start. Sorry I haven't the time for expansion. --ἀνυπόδητος (talk) 20:49, 7 January 2013 (UTC)