|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Adobe Photoshop article.|
|Archives: 1, 2|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article is the subject of an educational assignment at University of Toronto supported by WikiProject Wikipedia and the Wikipedia Ambassador Program during the 2012 Q1 term. Further details are available on the course page.|
C++ citation dubious
The citation for the use of C++ as the development language references a forum message where someone with no obvious connection with Adobe responded to a question with the claim - itself having no provenance. Should be removed or referenced to a stronger source. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:49, 10 July 2012 (UTC)
- I verified your claim and your concern is indeed well-placed. The source in question is not approved by Wikipedia:Verifiability § Self-published sources. I will remove the claim immediately.
Photoshop was rewritten in Objective-C for Mac
Can someone with write access please add Objective-C to "Programming language used" Source: http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2008/04/photoshop_lightroom_and_adobes_64-bit_road.html — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 00:43, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
- I am afraid your source does not say such a thing. It says:
We began training our engineers to rewrite code in Objective C (instead of C++)
- Now, whether they have actually released a version of Photoshop that is (at least in part) written in Objective C is yet to be verified.
- Hi Codename Lisa
- To support 64 bit architecture on OS X, Photoshop CS5 had to be rewritten from the ground up using Cocoa framework (which uses Objective-C language), porting from legacy Carbon framework (based on Toolbox framework written in C/C++ for Mac OS Classic)
- Photoshop on Windows & Mac still uses C++, I'm not contesting that!!! I'm just asking for Objective-C to be added
- The likelihood Photoshop is written in multiple languages
This means that 64-bit Mac apps need to be written to use Cocoa (as Lightroom is) instead of Carbon.
- Source:Cocoa (API)
- Source:Carbon (API)
- — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 11:33, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
- Hi again
- Quick questions: Do we have any 64-bit version of Adobe Photoshop running on Mac? If yes, since which release?
- Yes, since Photoshop CS5.
- Photoshop CS5 can run in 32-Bit mode or 64-bit mode, Photoshop CS6 dropped support for 32-Bit on Mac OS X.
- — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 13:54, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
Photoshop CS6 for Mac require Mac OS X 10.6.x or newer
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 was the mini-requirement for CS5 not CS6
- Source:http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2012/03/photoshop-cs6-operating-system-support-and-beyond.html — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:06, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
"CS6 brings the "straighten" tool to Photoshop" - does it? I've been using that from the ruler tool of CS5 for a while. Could someone clarify this? Otherwise it's worth a change methinks. --Tom dl (talk) 00:26, 17 August 2012 (UTC)
The link to Russell Brown goes to Russell Leslie Brown, the Scottish Labour Party Politician. I think they were really referring to Russell Preston Brown (I.e. Russell Brown Show) .... ? There is no page for Russell Preston Brown, though.
The version history in the current revision all in all only holds one single sentence for all the Photoshop versions prior to CS1. That is not much. The section should probably summarize the entire version history of PS, not just focus on CS1 - CS6. – Acdx (talk) 09:28, 11 October 2012 (UTC)
I suggest adding sentence "The last available version of photoshop is ___, released in ____." in main (first) paragraph. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:44, 5 April 2013 (UTC)
Scott Bakula image
This image looks unnecessary and inappropriate for this article. I'm not sure if it qualifies as vandalism, but it seems like it's more about the self-promotion of the "random man" than about Adobe Photoshop. Thoughts, anyone? Wikipedian77 (talk) 17:26, 30 May 2013 (UTC)
"Similar to the content-aware tool, the puppet warp tool reveals Photoshop’s intelligence..." This sounds like marketing collateral. Kortoso (talk) 21:43, 7 June 2013 (UTC) om namo narayanaya narayana ia a lord who is the great — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 05:09, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
dioniso fue consederado como baco el dios mas feo del mundo tambien considerado como el dios mas imprtante de la metologia griega. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 15:32, 17 April 2014 (UTC)